I found my groove! Now where to go?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
scotteza
Regular Freak
scotteza is currently spamming hard
Johannesburg
MC Status: 10
I found my groove! Now where to go?

Well I never thought I'd like commercial anything, but this just worked for me somehow:

That track just makes me feel so damn good! How do you classify that style? And where do I start out making it? Quite different to the usual wobbly dubby stuff.

I fully accept and embrace any comments about being a commercial noob

Advertisements

scotteza is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Subsocial
Knob Twiddler
Subsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MCSubsocial is a savage MC
Merseyside
MC Status: 99420
Re: I found my groove! Now where to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotteza View Post
Well I never thought I'd like commercial anything, but this just worked for me somehow:

Kaskade - Turn It Down (Le Castle Vania Remix) - YouTube

That track just makes me feel so damn good! How do you classify that style? And where do I start out making it? Quite different to the usual wobbly dubby stuff.

I fully accept and embrace any comments about being a commercial noob
first off, don't worry about the whole 'commercial' thing. i don't get anybody who disses commercial music. it's the music that's AIMED to be commercial that is wank. if something is made artistically, and intricately, and just 'happens' to become huge, what's the issue? anyway after that little rant...

that style is just your standard electro house/dance music. to start out making it, get a four to floor, start off with some cheesey synths, bring a chunky bass, and on the drop emphasise all of them to add a sense of depth to it. (i'm mediocre at explaining things, and i always fall back on lamens terms so bare with me )

take this as advice for getting a good electro bassline -
(complextro is just a fancy name for the new sorts of electro that includes dubstep attributes, it involves a little bit of 'wub wub', but you can learn about electro basslines here nonetheless)

do you have nexus? that'd also be a good place to start with VST's to get some good synths. what plug-ins and DAW's are you using?

i'm sorry if this is no help! but have fun producing, any other questions feel free to pm me! -

josh

------------------
I am Mr Jay
Be sure to follow me
Soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com/mrjayofficial
Twitter - http://twitter.com/mrjay_official
Subsocial is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
scotteza
Regular Freak
scotteza is currently spamming hard
Johannesburg
MC Status: 10
Re: I found my groove! Now where to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsocial View Post
first off, don't worry about the whole 'commercial' thing. i don't get anybody who disses commercial music. it's the music that's AIMED to be commercial that is wank. if something is made artistically, and intricately, and just 'happens' to become huge, what's the issue? anyway after that little rant...

that style is just your standard electro house/dance music. to start out making it, get a four to floor, start off with some cheesey synths, bring a chunky bass, and on the drop emphasise all of them to add a sense of depth to it. (i'm mediocre at explaining things, and i always fall back on lamens terms so bare with me )

take this as advice for getting a good electro bassline - How To Make The 2011 (Complextro) Electro House Basslines - YouTube (complextro is just a fancy name for the new sorts of electro that includes dubstep attributes, it involves a little bit of 'wub wub', but you can learn about electro basslines here nonetheless)

do you have nexus? that'd also be a good place to start with VST's to get some good synths. what plug-ins and DAW's are you using?

i'm sorry if this is no help! but have fun producing, any other questions feel free to pm me! -

josh

It's so nice to know there are other people out there who don't jump on the whole "commercial" bandwagon!

Thanks for the help man, I will check that video out right now! I'm using Ableton 8 and trying to generate all my sounds from the Virus TI. I bought the thing and I'm bloody well gonna learn how to use it!

Cheers!

Advertisements

scotteza is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote