What grooves doest Mark Knight - Jooris Voorn and D,ramirez use....
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
hipsonnyboy1
Analog Lurker
hipsonnyboy1 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
What grooves doest Mark Knight - Jooris Voorn and D,ramirez use....

Hey forum i am so into tech house... i wonder since i create music myself.. the grooves that especially Mark Knight,Jooris voorn and D,Ramirez use?... they have such a swing to their grooves i notice... i have never been able to capture this essence.... please anyone?...

Advertisements

hipsonnyboy1 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
halcyon442
Knob Twiddler
halcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MChalcyon442 is a savage MC
Here n There
MC Status: 2469896
Re: What grooves doest Mark Knight - Jooris Voorn and D,ramirez use....

what you can do is put notes ever so slightly off on the 2's and 4's, not to mention accenting them to be true to swing. I generally put the midi a 16th note triplet away from being on time, some increment like that. really gives you those swinging notes that are popular in electro, tech, etc.
halcyon442 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
DRĜiD
Regular Freak
DRĜiD is currently spamming hard
Bronx, NY
MC Status: 10

If you want to make the type of House that Jooris Voorn produces you should look into Berlin House Grooves If anything most House tracks that are 120 to 127 BPM happen to be in that groove zone..

It's definitely something to have fun with.. So try messing with the "Swing" on FL its on your Pattern Sequencer, It always works for drums unless your recording..

Hope this helps.. PM me if you have trouble.
DRĜiD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
Pops
Soundwave Mangler
Pops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MCPops is a savage MC
Miami
MC Status: 117578

good question. I love the joris voorn style of music but can never quite get it grooving right.

------------------
Quote:
Fresh mushrooms also contain vitamin b12, so you can live without meat - in theory.
Pops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:01 AM   #5
Sentimental
Ask Yourself
Sentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MC
Belfast
MC Status: 755910

you should download some tech house loops and really focus on how thier structured and what type of sounds are in them, might help i dont know

------------------
Sentimental is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
FTD
Master of the LFO
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3463955

Answered this already but seems to have been deleted in another thread. Anyway Joris Voorn uses a lot of samples that are cut, re-edited, layered, low passed, hi-passed and eq-ed. He also does a neat little tricks with the volume automation on a loop to do attacks on particular beat and to bring the "silence" to total silence and cut off any drum tails quite harshly. The purpose of this is to give more space for extra layers.

It's probably the result of all this tinkering and fiddling that gives the final drums their groove. Though you can save audio loops out to midi and import them back in as groove templates too.

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
hipsonnyboy1
Analog Lurker
hipsonnyboy1 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

listen to my test i made...

http://soundcloud.com/crazyhouselove...eator-of-house

does it work for you guys ?
hipsonnyboy1 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
antonsheridan
Regular Freak
antonsheridan is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Nice! I liked release! Will try! Mabe Play

Advertisements

antonsheridan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote