[uplifting tech house] the happy song (wip, title suggestions welcome)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 18-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
wavefront
Analog Lurker
wavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MC
MC Status: 59685
[uplifting tech house] the happy song (wip, title suggestions welcome)

Working on some tech/prog house song and not quiet sure what to do with the structure. Currently it is just one huge buildup.... followed by another huge buildup. Any suggestions on where to go from here would be awesome.

Advertisements

wavefront is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [uplifting tech house] the happy song (wip, title suggestions welcome).
Old 18-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
dee_birch
Sample Destroyer
dee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MCdee_birch is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 1006036
Re: [uplifting tech house] the happy song (wip, title suggestions welcome)

This is fucking sweet man.

The bass you intro at that next break didnt work for me. And honestly, i am not feeling the second half nearly as much as i liked the first.

All personal preference tho, so dont take my word for it.

------------------
College - A Real Hero (DeeBirch Remix)

dee_birch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
RNDR
Regular Freak
RNDR is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

This is awesome, from the vocal sample, to the synths, and the way you build it up - nice work

I'd probably drop out all the audio after that second buildup and go for an epic chord bass sweep pre-drop kinda deal into a drop that includes most of the elements you have present in the buildup with an added zing.

I actually dig the second part just as much as the first, it keeps the track proggy and allows you to build tension for 4.5 minutes - if you can drop it nicely (+ eq/master) you'll have an amazing track.

To really nitpick I'd say that the kick could use a little work, and I'd reconsider the snare your using too. But this is really dope - I had the track playing and a few of my friends asked who the artist was. Gl!

Last edited by RNDR; 19-04-2012 at 08:21 AM..
RNDR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #4
wavefront
Analog Lurker
wavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MCwavefront is a savage MC

Thanks for the feedback! And yeah, I realize I only have a kinda fake drop going on here. I never usually do epic drops but I feel like it would actually work for this track. Might as well give it a shot...
Old 23-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #5
Mogwai
Mogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MCMogwai is a savage MC
MC Status: 290713

I thought it was pretty cool. I really dig the second part where things have built up more. I'd really like to hear the final version when you're done.

------------------

http://www.soundcloud.com/soundteq (more updated)
http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
My attempt at makin' tunes. Check it if you'd like =D Thanks.
Mogwai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
vemnio
Minor Glitch
vemnio is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I just want to say sweet track man, finish it and post it so I can download it when it's finished
vemnio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
wavefront
Analog Lurker

Thanks! Now I just need to find one more thing to give it some "zing"...

Advertisements