How has 2011 been for music with you? Good? bad? Any stories? Opinions?...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53741005
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts
How has 2011 been for music with you? Good? bad? Any stories? Opinions?...

2011 for me has been one of my favorite years for music.

Every month there has been something fantastic come out. So much so that I feel I can ignore the amount of crap that has saturated a certain music scene...

Yeah, IDM and Breakcore seems to have died this year (well, the types of IDM/Breakcore that I love most anyway)....but I have begun to realize that I don't really mind. I love that stuff and have been heavily into it all since about 2005, but this year my imagination has changed in an unexpected way for what I believe underground music could possibly sound like in a few years time.

In 2010, I remember beginning to feel very disappointed that IDM and Breakcore were being pushed under the rug and disliking other genres that were emerging which I was becoming aware of, but emerging around a different sound, tempo and rhythm style that I didn't feel I could enjoy. I originally felt quite resentful towards them for no other reason than attempting to defend a past I had previously enjoyed and hoped would supersede other futures in music scenes. But after digging deep, I have begun to feel so impressed with whats on offer that I'm glad I have been able to get over being such a IDM/Breakcore elitist. 2011 really got me out of that headspace.

So yeah, thank you 2011 for that.

Last edited by Cypherclerk; 02-12-2011 at 08:59 PM..

Advertisements

Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841
Re: How has 2011 been for music with you? Good? bad? Any stories? Opinions?...

IDM iz ded
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
mookster
peripheral being
mookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MC
The Moon
MC Status: 232876053
Thanked 1,199 Times in 793 Posts
Re: How has 2011 been for music with you? Good? bad? Any stories? Opinions?...

I have loved it, not so much because of mountains of new releases but all the stuff I've discovered that was released in the past few years especially over the last couple of months.

Advertisements

------------------
mookster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote