[Hip-hop/Psytrance] Khouroux - The Hatter
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
Khouroux
Minor Glitch
Khouroux is a glorious beacon of lightKhouroux is a glorious beacon of lightKhouroux is a glorious beacon of lightKhouroux is a glorious beacon of lightKhouroux is a glorious beacon of lightKhouroux is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
[Hip-hop/Psytrance] Khouroux - The Hatter

Hello ! I made this a few days ago, and before making a final version (with a more decent mix, and maybe another structure), I wanted to know what you think about that. It will probably be part of my first EP, in which I want to mix hip-hop, trance, and dubstep (I didn't emphasize too much the dubstep part here, because I don't like this wobble, maybe I will change it).

There are one remark that people around me made about some of my tracks and I wanted to know if you agree with them : Do the changes between the genre are too brutal ?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 08-08-2017 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Deleted dead player link / OP informed

Advertisements

Khouroux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Hip-hop/Psytrance] Khouroux - The Hatter.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42373999
Thanked 4,800 Times in 3,132 Posts
Re: [Hip-hop/Psytrance] Khouroux - The Hatter

That bassline progression is ace. I didn't particularly like the sounds of most of the other components over it. But the off kilter nature of the chord progression given by the bassline is awesome.

Mixing needs heaps of work. The sustained bass sound that comes in drowns out everything else though itself is a good part. Then the blippy bassline that comes in later seems to have be overly loud compared to the other stuff around it.

I agree with worshipping the bass, the bass, its all about the bass but this needs reigned in a little.

That said, loved what the various basslines were doing. Good choice of what to make the music do is the right way to start. The rest can come later. Look forward to hearing more

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote