[Electronic] NodD - Lachesis
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
Noddskwodd
Analog Lurker
Noddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MC
Gaithersburg MD
MC Status: 24209
[Electronic] NodD - Lachesis

I have taken a break from writing to do audio post / library music composition. This is my first tune back after a decent electronic Hiatus. Let me know what your thoughts are!

Advertisements

------------------
‎"The challenge artists face today is whether to be an underground, unheard genius, or to dilute their art for the marketplace." - Dr. Cornel West

Noddskwodd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] NodD - Lachesis.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #2
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [Electronic] NodD - Lachesis

At 3mins maybe there are too much synths or something? Sounds too stuffed up for me Besides that I like the melodies and the start of track made me think that this will be some sort of tech-trance or electro track but then quickly turned out into something different

Last edited by Vilius J; 07-08-2017 at 10:05 AM..
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #3
Khouroux
Granular Poster
Khouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to all
MC Status: 610

I love this track ! Especially the mix between the orchestral part of your music and the synth, I don't hear that kind of sounds really often ^^
Maybe your kicks could be more punchy in order to make a more marked rythm ...
I listen to your other sounds, and I like to see that have your really own style, it's cool to discover unusual artists like you
Khouroux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:06 AM   #4
Noddskwodd
Analog Lurker
Noddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MCNoddskwodd is a savage MC
Gaithersburg MD

Thanks guys, sometimes I struggle with getting the mixes clear because there are so many different elements I want to end up incorporating. Clear punchy kicks always seem to fall into this category too >_<

As for style, I have tried writing to fit genres before and the stuff always comes out sub par IMO. I find that I have way more fun writing music I enjoy listening to. It really means a lot to me that you guys took the time to listen, many thanks to both of you

------------------
‎"The challenge artists face today is whether to be an underground, unheard genius, or to dilute their art for the marketplace." - Dr. Cornel West

Old 07-08-2017, 10:06 AM   #5
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddskwodd View Post
Thanks guys, sometimes I struggle with getting the mixes clear because there are so many different elements I want to end up incorporating. Clear punchy kicks always seem to fall into this category too >_<

As for style, I have tried writing to fit genres before and the stuff always comes out sub par IMO. I find that I have way more fun writing music I enjoy listening to. It really means a lot to me that you guys took the time to listen, many thanks to both of you
No problem
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
Space Mechanic
IDMf's latest spammer
Space Mechanic has a spectacular aura aboutSpace Mechanic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Hi Noddswodd,
I think its good start after break. I like the melody after 1:00 till around 3:00 and mixture, very well done . As of my taste, it has long harsh intro which get myself wish to jump over into next part. It would be interesting to experiment with more melody or samples within first and last minute similar to how composed the middle. In general sound a bit flat from melody perspective while I recognize tempo difference and drums. The leading track during main part is hard to recognize I would make it more loud and driving. Good luck

Space Mechanic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:24 AM   #7
strangerflesh
Knob Twiddler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260

Fucking love the melodic work that comes around the 130 mark. I really like the song! Personally i would abbreviate the intro, but thats just personal taste . Compositionally I really love the track could do with some punchier percussion but I understand It could be difficult with all the layers. sweet tune!

Aslo are you a Rob Clouth fan? check out this song. Melodically it reminds me of it .

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #8
Noddskwodd
Analog Lurker
Gaithersburg MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Fucking love the melodic work that comes around the 130 mark. I really like the song! Personally i would abbreviate the intro, but thats just personal taste . Compositionally I really love the track could do with some punchier percussion but I understand It could be difficult with all the layers. sweet tune!

Aslo are you a Rob Clouth fan? check out this song. Melodically it reminds me of it .

I have never listened to him, I will check it out. Thanks! Drum programming has never been my strong suit. I think it has a lot to do with the way I write which usually has drums/percussion (Save for a kick) coming last. I think it might be a worthwhile exercise to get those elements in place first and then mix around them instead of putting together the rest of the track first and then having to create space for them.

Advertisements

------------------