[HOUSE] Lotus Jewel - Bad Behavior
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-08-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2760
[HOUSE] Lotus Jewel - Bad Behavior

thought i would just share my latest release...

i think its done. idk if i care really i gotta go pay rent and get some herb.

Last edited by Lotus_Jewel; 09-08-2017 at 04:25 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [HOUSE] Lotus Jewel - Bad Behavior.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [HOUSE] Lotus Jewel - Bad Behavior

What style is this ? Sounds like mixture of 80's with some very futuristic sounds. Besides that I like it though !
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilius J View Post
What style is this ? Sounds like mixture of 80's with some very futuristic sounds. Besides that I like it though !
oh to be honest i really dont know or dare to claim, id say its some form of house music ...

i am in the process of re mixing it tho, the edit wont be up till monday or tuesday. and next time, i need to finish the edits before posting. i was just in a rush to share. ha

this will let me see where i need to improve and where i need to start over from scratch. i can already tell Get Ready was mixed with too much high end, Time lapse, sounds just about tight, and Bad Behavior needs a lil more high shelf. what i need to do here is learn what it takes to make an album... and then improve that system. instead of making song at a time, and mixing them and then posting one at a time, ill make the album and then edit them together in one go, and release as a finished product, like the pros do. im not settled on the name neither, lotus jewel, so this is a good trial.

------------------
Old 06-08-2017, 03:27 AM   #4
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260

I like it very much

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:12 AM   #5
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Earth

thanks, it needs some work still, hope it sounds better when im finished tuning it in.

im working from my monitors in my studio, to my phone speakers, and then to my (i believe they are for mixing or reference) 7506's - headphones. while i listen to the headphones i make some edits that stand out... using my cans as a last reference? not sure if this is good or bad, but i take it back to the monitors. learning what it needs to sound like in the studio isnt that easy, cause it sounds different on various media. sigh

idk if or where i already mentioned this but i got a new package of 3 eq's and 3 compressors in reasons extension rack, the 670 and the moo q, was on sale for like 130 bucks for all six. these will take some getting used to but i do like them. they sound great! i really need to practice my mixing and music theory... once i get a grasp of the basics there, i think i can make stuff sound good.

i had to re read some stuff to make sure im doing stuff okay, like my kick and bass, and im doing ok, gotta use the eq more, i wish reasons eq in the mixer, had more flexibility, like some other softwares. ive never sat in front of an ssl... lol so this is as close as it comes. i use my lp and hp filters where needed and stuff... i need to learn more about reverb too.

------------------
Old 06-08-2017, 04:17 AM   #6
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_Jewel View Post
thanks, it needs some work still, hope it sounds better when im finished tuning it in.

im working from my monitors in my studio, to my phone speakers, and then to my (i believe they are for mixing or reference) 7506's - headphones. while i listen to the headphones i make some edits that stand out... using my cans as a last reference? not sure if this is good or bad, but i take it back to the monitors. learning what it needs to sound like in the studio isnt that easy, cause it sounds different on various media. sigh

idk if or where i already mentioned this but i got a new package of 3 eq's and 3 compressors in reasons extension rack, the 670 and the moo q, was on sale for like 130 bucks for all six. these will take some getting used to but i do like them. they sound great! i really need to practice my mixing and music theory... once i get a grasp of the basics there, i think i can make stuff sound good.

i had to re read some stuff to make sure im doing stuff okay, like my kick and bass, and im doing ok, gotta use the eq more, i wish reasons eq in the mixer, had more flexibility, like some other softwares. ive never sat in front of an ssl... lol so this is as close as it comes. i use my lp and hp filters where needed and stuff... i need to learn more about reverb too.
day by day one step at a time

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_Jewel View Post
oh to be honest i really dont know or dare to claim, id say its some form of house music ...

i am in the process of re mixing it tho, the edit wont be up till monday or tuesday. and next time, i need to finish the edits before posting. i was just in a rush to share. ha

this will let me see where i need to improve and where i need to start over from scratch. i can already tell Get Ready was mixed with too much high end, Time lapse, sounds just about tight, and Bad Behavior needs a lil more high shelf. what i need to do here is learn what it takes to make an album... and then improve that system. instead of making song at a time, and mixing them and then posting one at a time, ill make the album and then edit them together in one go, and release as a finished product, like the pros do. im not settled on the name neither, lotus jewel, so this is a good trial.
Great job
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:50 AM   #8
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Earth

The edit is uploading now, got it dialed in and could use something more or less idk but im calling it. time to move on to the next track.

------------------
Old 19-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #9
einmeier
Granular Poster
einmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1709

Funny one, it _really_ has kinda 80s vibe and the sub-bass is really punchy. And well, yeah, the sounds you're playing with are funny as well, some interesting cartoon'ish bleeps. The narrative element starting at about 1:30h just feels right and good and complement the additional synthsounds. Reminds me slightly on some early yello- and art of noise-tracks even i cannot find a way to explain why.
I like the relaxed vibe as well, even the different bleeps don't get on my nerves or start to 'stress' out as they're pretty chilled and nice.
Over here and over there some harmonies do 'mismatch' very, very slightly, but this could be also by intention, so, don't worry, it feels fine.

Keep up and learning about music theory is remarkable and advisable, but don't forget, there's never a 'you MUST do this and that this and that way', you always CAN as you're totally free to do whatever and however you like.

Advertisements

einmeier is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote