Are There Any Freeware "Clones" of FL Studio's Step Editor?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 30-07-2017, 03:41 AM   #1
Daggit
Radial Developer
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
Survive !!
MC Status: 3110
Icon5 Are There Any Freeware "Clones" of FL Studio's Step Editor?

Hi, so I'm wondering if there are any freewares (for Windows) that have a step editor similar to FL Studio?

I am realizing that FL Studio's step editor is the only part that I like using for loading up samples, but other than that, it's huge bloatware and is hard to manage when I do my backups.

Any ideas?

I'm basically looking for anything with a grid of buttons and a timeline that plays drum samples. BramBos's Tuareg and Tu2 come close, but those aren't quite what I'm looking for...

...ah?

Advertisements

------------------
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 04:00 AM   #2
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31260
Re: Are There Any Freeware "Clones" of FL Studio's Step Editor?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
?

------------------
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to badmotor
Daggit (12-08-2017)
Old 30-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
Daggit
Radial Developer
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
Survive !!

Thanks badmotor, I did try that one and it loses the soundcard settings every time I boot up and has no sound. But maybe I'll try it again later; it worked only the first time I ran it.

Any other ideas?

------------------
Old 31-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
l3ug
Analog Lurker
l3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of light
Livorno
MC Status: 460

Is not very similar but renoise is a very good DAW, it is not free and some features are locked, but it is a valid softwere tracker for music composition, even sound libraries are very beautiful! Sampler editor is also very cool.

If you are well with the traker there are a lot of free (but more basic) internet dsiposition.

Initially it will be a bit complex as a conception, in fact the time.line is vertical (rather than horizontal) the samples are up, there is the folder to search them as a browser, building some rhythms is not so complex, once you see some tutorials There are a lot of really good stuff on YouTube)

The effects to add to the channels are found below and they are called DSPs

All very nice! but renoise in sot freewere ( i think with 20USD u can download the full version btw)

------------------
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Philip K. Dick

l3ug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
Daggit
Radial Developer
Survive !!

Thanks, I appreciate the reminder about trackers, but trackers are not what I'm looking for, and I'm not looking for something not free either.

------------------
Old 12-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #6
Daggit
Radial Developer
Survive !!

OK, I installed LMMS again and now it's working.
Apparently, it didn't work with Windows Audio, but it does work with my soundcard/monitors. The main thing is to save a backup of the lmms configuration file so that if it "forgets" it's settings, you can put them back. They are stored in the "C:\Users\USERNAME\" folder I think as an xml file. You can ZIP or 7zip this.

Aside from all that, LMMS works really pretty well! I like it.
It's not as advanced as other DAWs, but that's part of what makes it nice... it's simple.

There's not tons of stuff to fuss with. It can still be used to program stuff and do some minor editing.
And it loads VSTi's as well as comes with it's own stuff. Some instruments such as ZynAddSubFX might be buggy, but if you load the presets instead of the VSTi it works OK, and you can hear the presets before you load them!

Thanks badmotor.

Advertisements

------------------