[Fusion Genre/Dubstep] Agu - Weathercast
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 25-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
-Agu-
Soundwave Mangler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 4460
[Fusion Genre/Dubstep] Agu - Weathercast

EDIT:

The latest, a bit less harsh version.

Older version.

Last edited by -Agu-; 31-07-2017 at 11:39 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
-Agu- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to -Agu-
Lotus_Jewel (28-07-2017)
Rate this track - [Fusion Genre/Dubstep] Agu - Weathercast.
Old 25-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
MC Status: 2060
Re: [Fusion Genre/Dubstep] Agu - Weathercast

Although I like this track, I started to write a few criticisms. I needed to listen to it a few times. On each listen, I kept deleting some comments of which i started typing. The song started making more sense structurally the more I heard it. So it's left me with only 2 comments to make...

00:41 - 01:49
This is the main part of your song, in my opinion, it's too short. Just as I was enjoying it then went to the build up to the outro. That big drop outro is ace too but... As much as I like an abrupt ending, I felt once again that section was too short, especially when it sounds so good.

Great tune though, I'm just asking for more of it!
Deadly Rhythm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
-Agu-
Soundwave Mangler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Rhythm View Post
Although I like this track, I started to write a few criticisms. I needed to listen to it a few times. On each listen, I kept deleting some comments of which i started typing. The song started making more sense structurally the more I heard it. So it's left me with only 2 comments to make...

00:41 - 01:49
This is the main part of your song, in my opinion, it's too short. Just as I was enjoying it then went to the build up to the outro. That big drop outro is ace too but... As much as I like an abrupt ending, I felt once again that section was too short, especially when it sounds so good.

Great tune though, I'm just asking for more of it!
Thanks!

I was sort of trying to "get away with it", because knew I've used way too much time on the tune. Learned my lesson tho.

------------------
Old 25-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #4
Khouroux
Granular Poster
Khouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to all
MC Status: 610

I like this track but it seems that there's many part who don't have many in common in it, in my opinion ^^ I agree with Deadly Rythm when he say that the end of the dancing part, at 1:49 is really brutal, and I think we all would love that if that part were longer, and if the end were softer.
The drop at 2:30 is really cool, I think this part is my favourite in the track (and I think that it's too short too)
In conclusion, I would say that your track is weird because of theses brutal breakdown and the difference between the part, but that weirdness is maybe what I like in your track, I don't know ...
Good job anyway, it's a cool track !
Khouroux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2810

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Agu- View Post
Definitely room for improvement, but gotta let go at some point. All feedback appreciated!

URL (for anyone who has problems with the player): [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
pretty epic man! there is a lot going on in the mid to high range... when the first verse is playing, it seems like its so loud the dynamic range is literally zero, and the bass and kick cant punch thru the highs... theres a lot of compression i can hear, i believe i can understand why. you are trying to make this song loud... and it is loud, its very loud in fact, but remember you sacrifice dynamic range for loudness, vice versa, and being a good producer or engineer, or artist, is keeping this balance. idk your mixing environment or studio monitors, etc... or if you use headphones, or what headphones i should say...

this song kicks ass ... hand down. when you get this balanced, this shit is gonna bump and split ya in half... ie reference to the high range...

this would in fact encourage you to re mix it... but try it, and keep the file separate, in fact, try to start over with a new mix... and do that on THIS song, till you find the right balance. it may take you 6 times... and i know it can take 4-6 hours or more to do one mix but i think the song is that good and you can make this sound louder by lowering it a bit and restoring the dynamic range, then bring it back up.

------------------
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Wow those waving synths at 0:30 sound really cool ! Second drop is really full of energy ! Maybe would add some more reverb on those two synths in the first break And a breakbeat maybe
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 10:45 PM   #7
-Agu-
Soundwave Mangler
Helsinki

Alright,

did some tweaking, tried to make the high end a bit less harsh and some parts a tiny bit more dynamic on the whole. I had already decided I'm not gonna go back to mixing stage anymore, so these song structure problems Deadly Rhyhtm & Khouroux pointed out still remain.

I'm not actually even sure if it sounds better or worse now:

------------------
Old 02-08-2017, 09:59 PM   #8
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
MC Status: 2060

I've heard this track quite a few times now. I'm glad the structure never changed. I think the fact I want to hear more of it, makes me go back to listen to it again. It's a great tune. The main issue is when I'm listening with headphones. You can hear the breakup of audio. It sounds like it's being crammed into the limiter/compressor or there's no room left for your peaks (it is very loud)

All things considered, it's an awesome song and thats 95% of the battle won.
Deadly Rhythm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #9
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Energetic vibe in this !

Advertisements

Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote