[Techno] Chris Van Gills - Something About The Music
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 24-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #1
Dirty32
Radial Developer
Dirty32 has a spectacular aura aboutDirty32 has a spectacular aura about
Brussels
MC Status: 160
[Techno] Chris Van Gills - Something About The Music

Hi IDM!

This is Techno and this the best I could...your comments will help for sure.
Stats say that I missed 39504 posts since my last visit.....so I guess I gotta start right now!

Enjoy!

Advertisements

------------------
Dirty32 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dirty32
Lotus_Jewel (28-07-2017)
Rate this track - [Techno] Chris Van Gills - Something About The Music.
Old 24-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260
Re: [Techno] Chris Van Gills - Something About The Music

great kick drum and sub - not massively my cuppa would have liked more variation on the melody but I suppose thats techno - lovely production overall.

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42384549
Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,264 Posts

Love those sounds, very nice sound design throughout. I did find the click on the kick a bit loud to my taste but not really a big deal.

Nice buildup, the fading-in tambourine was a nice touch. The repetitive nature of most techno is not my thing but this is very well done.

Nice work

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #4
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I love that break from 3:00. Maybe would use some more hat groove from 2:00 but besides that sounds good
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834577

Like this. I just feel that the main synth lead, which works well, could do with more variation and builds. But Ive just had a quick listen. Like mix, mid/tops sound a little lost in the balance of the mix, but then this is techno - there are no rules!

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty32 View Post
Hi IDM!

This is Techno and this the best I could...your comments will help for sure.
Stats say that I missed 39504 posts since my last visit.....so I guess I gotta start right now!

Enjoy!

sounds good to me mate. i would love to have this in vinyl and ill tell you, id mix this for hours... and beat the shit out of it! this literally is a big club i could hit people with from up on the stage, and they would love it.

good job. i do sense the high hat could be a little more random, or add two or three change in pattern loops, and brighten them up bout .5 db @ the shelf. somewhere around 8k hz.

the snare, that comes occasionally, along with the clap, could benefit from slightly more reverb... or at least inc the decay a tad... so it lingers a few more seconds. this freq range could be brightened up too by @ .5 db.

thats all I would do to it... just to see how that makes the song sit. i actually got up and danced to this while it played three times so... just saying.

------------------
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:04 AM   #7
Dirty32
Radial Developer
Dirty32 has a spectacular aura aboutDirty32 has a spectacular aura about
Brussels
MC Status: 160

Really nice to read that! I'll pay attention to all the details mentionned above, it could be some interesting ways to improve the all thing. Thank you very much. Other than that I think the mix remark of MFXxx is accurate, I gotta work on it.

Advertisements

------------------
Dirty32 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote