[House] Thin King - Preservation
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 18-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260
[House] Thin King - Preservation

Here's a work in progress that I think is nearly there any comments/suggestions about the balance of the mix would be much appreciated.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thin king
Lotus_Jewel (28-07-2017)
Rate this track - [House] Thin King - Preservation.
Old 18-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174960
Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,612 Posts
Re: [House] Thin King - Preservation

That's a really cool mix you have there..really pro sounding, though a tad on the long side. I think it feels as long as it does, because it's lacking something..not really sure what (..counter melody maybe?) to break it up a little and engage the listener even more.

If you cut this back to 5 minutes, then I think it would work really well, but 9 minutes is kinda pushing it as it stands without adding a little more to the mix. But all this is aesthetics..the mix itself is pretty good to my ears, though I'm not really a House producer, so I'm guessing others who are will give you better and more meaningful feedback on that.

Over all, cool track that's mixed well and sounds great..just a tad too long as is..and / or needs a little something extra added. Nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield

Thanks so much for the listen and the suggestion - I see what you mean about the length but I was going for something that could be fitted into a set rather than a stand alone track/song. I always find too many changes/elements a bit jarring with house music. Having said that I'm at the point where I've probably worked on it a bit much lately so I'm struggling to be subjective - a break form it is needed me thinks !

My mates playing it at Tramlines festival this weekend so I'll see how the crowd reacts...or not! :-)

Thanks again

------------------
Old 26-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
thin king
Soundscaper
Sheffield

cheeky bump

------------------
Old 27-07-2017, 11:19 PM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174960
Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,612 Posts

So how did it go down at the Tramlines festival? ANy news or feelings you got from it?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 04:16 AM   #6
Triadtraxx
IDMf's latest spammer
Triadtraxx is currently spamming hard
Sydney Australia
MC Status: 10

I love this. Very Vibey and funky.

I feel like it needs something else, but I always lean towards a nice female ohhs and ahhss.

I love this keep doing your thing and I'll be looking out for more!
Triadtraxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
thin king
Soundscaper
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
So how did it go down at the Tramlines festival? ANy news or feelings you got from it?
Due to a rather chaotic saturday (heavy rain all day) at the festival my mate found himself bumped up to headlining as the main acts were wanting to play earlier, so he ended up doing a full on techno set and couldn't play my track...gutted but chuffed my mate got to headline we've got a bbq coming up we can trial it at!

------------------
Old 28-07-2017, 05:23 PM   #8
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2760

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
Here's a work in progress that I think is nearly there any comments/suggestions about the balance of the mix would be much appreciated.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
i really enjoy this song. the lows are low, the highs are high, the mids sit nice in the middle... nothing is too crisp or dull.

id say good job on the mix, and the construct is perfect for mixing. Id mix the fucking shit out of this... the only complaint i have is i cant DL now ...

sounds great man! i hate 5 min songs btw... especially when its electronic. :badger:

------------------
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #9
thin king
Soundscaper
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_Jewel View Post
i really enjoy this song. the lows are low, the highs are high, the mids sit nice in the middle... nothing is too crisp or dull.

id say good job on the mix, and the construct is perfect for mixing. Id mix the fucking shit out of this... the only complaint i have is i cant DL now ...

sounds great man! i hate 5 min songs btw... especially when its electronic. :badger:
Thanks for the listen and the kind feedback - hopefully be getting this sent off to some labels soon along with another track.

Advertisements

------------------