[IDM/Dub] The Deadly Rhythm - 5150
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 07-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
MC Status: 2010
[IDM/Dub] The Deadly Rhythm - 5150

Here's another tune. This one means a lot to me. I want to be able to make is as good as possible so some help would be lovingly appreciated.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Deadly Rhythm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Deadly Rhythm
Lug (24-07-2017)
Rate this track - [IDM/Dub] The Deadly Rhythm - 5150.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #2
metalzone2000
IDMf Artist
metalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MC
Houston, Texas
MC Status: 57824
Re: [IDM/Dub] The Deadly Rhythm - 5150

Damn man nice deep tune. Shits killers! Love the subject hahahahaha. At first when I was playing through my laptop speakers the panning on the instruments kinda weirded me out, but then I slappin some ear buds and everything fit into place. Great job man!

------------------

A random patch I did with Bazille, Gverb, AM Pitchshifter, Autotalent, and 24 random LFO's in Renoise.
metalzone2000 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260

Love the feel and the textures in the percussion. the energy shift at the 140 mark is real cool. I dont really have much to say about the composition just because its kinda of a unique idea and the composition seems to work well for this idea. very cool tune and message

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalzone2000 View Post
Damn man nice deep tune. Shits killers! Love the subject hahahahaha. At first when I was playing through my laptop speakers the panning on the instruments kinda weirded me out, but then I slappin some ear buds and everything fit into place. Great job man!
Cheers brother. Love you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Love the feel and the textures in the percussion. the energy shift at the 140 mark is real cool. I dont really have much to say about the composition just because its kinda of a unique idea and the composition seems to work well for this idea. very cool tune and message
Thank you so much. Yeah, I'm unsure if a whole interview is a thing to do or not? I guess it kinda works on this track.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174910
Thanked 3,498 Times in 2,612 Posts

Nothing to say..love it..nice work, J..love it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:51 AM   #6
Failsafe
Granular Poster
Failsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to beholdFailsafe is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Nice work man, love the vibe, percusssion, and the samples really add to it, I'd have definitely named the track 'sick since she was six' though haha. But yea, the music really conveys the appropriate mood which is really the main thing surely. The mix sounds nice and I love the gradual evolving with these 3 or 4 key moments where it changes up more drastically, really keeps it interesting. Nice stuff!

------------------
Failsafe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #7
tama262
Minor Glitch
tama262 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

This could be in a movie.From where are the vocals?
tama262 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #8
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tama262 View Post
This could be in a movie.From where are the vocals?
It's an interview from Bellevue Hospital for the mentally ill.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #9
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6610

Very nice track. The vocals compliments the music beautifully and really adds some substance.

I don't have any hints or criticism 'cause I think it works as it is.

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #10
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Needs more cowbell!. Forgive me for not listening to the whole thing, the vocal sample about suicide is a little depressing to me. I really like the percussion, field samples right? Cool sounds.
hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #11
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendu12 View Post
Needs more cowbell!. Forgive me for not listening to the whole thing, the vocal sample about suicide is a little depressing to me. I really like the percussion, field samples right? Cool sounds.
Hahaha yeah I never intended it to be an easy listen. Half way through onwards it gets even more depressing! But cheers anyway.
Old 19-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #12
LFTP
IDMf's latest spammer
LFTP is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Honestly, I wouldnt do much more with it Its amazing right now <3
LFTP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 04:08 AM   #13
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387

Damn dude, this is heavy. Heavy and with a hard impact. I can't say that I've ever heard a track like this before. I really, really like it. The drop at 3:40 is absolutely on point. I love how the bass kind of whines leading up to it.

The only critique I could possible think of, and this is me really reaching and being nitpicky. I think I would pan the swells in the intro/outro a little less. It sounded good on my monitors but when I put my headphones on it was a bit distracting.

I might also turn down the hihat rolls at 0:55 and the outro a touch, and perhaps put a short reverb on it. But realistically it sounds great as an accent as is.

I love the subject matter and the way you've composed around the interviews. Adding breaks and drops around the speech perfectly drives the point home. I've listened through four times in a row and it sounds just as good as the first time I heard it!

Great job!
Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 08:44 AM   #14
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992580
Thanked 4,047 Times in 2,623 Posts

I could only listen once on my headphones but I'll definitely come back later to give this a proper listen on my monitors. Great composition, nice choice and edit of the interviews, too. Moody stuff. I love it. At first I thought the percussive elements on the intro were a bit dry but expectedly they evolve throughout the track and this is the kind of track that tells a story. Great stuff, thank you.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #15
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Norfolk

Woah guys, thanks so much xxx
Old 08-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #16
tvmcc
Knob Twiddler
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522454

Such a solid concept!

Only bit of feedback i have is that at times i want the vocals to be a little more in front of the mix.

Absolutely brilliant concept!

Advertisements

tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote