<3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 29-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,441 Times in 1,900 Posts
Icon13 <3

Hi.

Some of you may know me, some of you may not, maybe some of you kind of know me in some way, maybe I was a drunken dick to you in a thread and you're like "fuck that guy", and then some of you may know me too well.

I wanted to write a message to this community because in some ways I feel that I owe it to everyone to do so (those left who care anyway), and at the same time I don't owe any of you shit. However, I have been here for ten years and whether I like it or not I look back on the growth and growing pains, the integral progression and output of this place, as a product of my motivation and belief in a project that saw very few returns other than the joy of watching people be musical.

I love music. I always have. I can't imagine my life without it.

I love IDMf. I always have. I can't imagine my life without it.

I promise you that I am trying really hard not to be cheesy, preachy, and bloated here. This comes from the heart. I am fully aware that there are some people I have worked with along this weird, digitally cunted road who will smirk and insert some comment that will destabilize everything I say here. I honestly don't care. The benwaas and others of this hapless world who exited this place after putting all of their own work in like little bitches can talk all the shit they want. Am I bitter? Nah. It hurt my feelings but I forgive easily. Just being real. Ben if you're reading this I love you but eat my taint. I'm not here to demean them, but I am here right now just to let all of you know who care now, cared ever, or will care that I am leaving now.

Since IDMf001, it was impossible for me, stu, nathan, and the other motivated "old school" crew (most of them now defunct or deactivated, including Nathan) to not realize the power of creative commons music -- this opportunity to build artists up and deliver their art in a professional manner, FOR FREE. Because some music should be free.

I listen back on the catalogue, whether I was involved in the inception or not, and I am very goddamned proud.

So what's happened to me? Well lots really. It's just time for me to move on and pass the torch. It's long overdue really. I've tried to stick to it but the reality of it is that I am no longer the man for the job. I feel like I should have passed the honor of running this great community on a long time ago, but a mixture of pride and also my innate inability to give up when I know I should (much like an athlete with a bum ankle that keeps running regardless) have kept me in the game. The truth is there are other people around here that could do more, and I'm ready to pass it on to those people.

For the time being, @lolirl and @Stercogburn (dude I'll never remember how to spell your fucking name) are your admins. I am uncertain whether or not I will retire my admin role mainly for the purpose that I know this place like the underside of my nutsack and it would undermine the transition to banwaa myself. I would rather make sure my baby flourishes and does better than it has under my half-assed "control".

Anyway, this is mostly just a message to those who have been along for the ride in anyway: artists, supporters, moderators, admins, members, veterans, new users who giver literally zero fucks and are wondering why they've read this far... thanks for everything. If you simply just posted an IDMf compilation on your facebook profile or you actually participated in the formation of one, dude we had and still have something really special here. I know the little dicky nuts at wwtmm are going to shit all over this but they can suck a dog dick in their little cave. I'm kidding... they've helped us too. I won't go off on a diatribe about how all that has ever mattered and all that ever will matter is the music, because I'd rather drink more beer and listen to this fucking amazing new Kendrick Lamar album. Seriously, it's good. But you know what I have cued up next? IDMf010 because that album is fucking dope.

Anyway, cheers to you all. I love you. Speak up and get involved, especially if you're new here. Especially if you've never released an album before. People here really know how to help you grow as an artist. Without this place I wouldn't be anywhere or anyone, but IDMf helped make me feel like what I do matters.

<3

:justlookatit:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
:notafinga:

please excuse any typos, I was inside your mom.

Last edited by fidelium; 29-05-2017 at 10:26 AM..

Advertisements

fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37710
Re: <3

Congrats @ the new admins. Will this mean a possible resurrection of the label?

I hope you're still hanging around to add some drunken commentary to threads. It just wouldn't be the same experience if not. I'm surprised nobody replied to this yet, but maybe my time settings are fucked up.

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
fidelium (30-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 175560
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,620 Posts

That Fid guy..what a dick, leaving us all high and dry like this in the hands of lolirl and Stercogburn. I always suspected Fid hated the two of you and this "promotion" proves it beyond any doubt..I hope ye both have insurance. Totally FUBAR!

OK..I was joking. For those who are new to this place, Fid is like that rare / expensive bottle of booze most homes have sitting in a press somewhere, the kind that only comes out on special occasions, but when it does come out, you tend to remember those times as some of the best of your life!

What I'm saying is you'll be missed, dude, if you step away completely..so please don't, OK? Pass on the Admin thing if you feel you must, but stick around as a member..this place needs your distinctive style of wit and pisstakery..and would be a lesser place without it, dude.

And to lolirl and Stercogburn:..congrats to the both of you..it's clear why Fid picked you two for the job..and that's not meant to reflect negatively on the rest of the Mod team in any way at all. What with you two running things on here, coupled with the photo Fid posted here, quoting Timbuk 3 seems totally right...The Future's So Bright , I Gotta Wear Shades.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
fidelium (30-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #4
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 105850
Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,368 Posts

I hope it's not too hard to stick around as an IDMF Artists and long time forum member without being an active admin. I've missed having you around like you were say 3 years ago.

I still like The Volcanist.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
fidelium (30-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #5
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280999
Thanked 1,169 Times in 751 Posts

You do you, fid.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
fidelium (30-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #6
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
I hope it's not too hard to stick around as an IDMF Artists and long time forum member without being an active admin. I've missed having you around like you were say 3 years ago.
Word. Plus, we need to have someone around to give pep-talks to DJ Aflacs of this world once in a while.
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #7
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts

I've been here almost 6 years so I saw the first hand off to Ben. I hope you stick around and contribute to music making ventures or at the very least post what you are working on at the moment! I am a huge fan of your music and it has been a big inspiration to me. Some of your tracks I've listened to so many times in a row I can't even count!

Last edited by Muse-ic; 29-05-2017 at 04:11 PM..
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #8
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124100
Thanked 1,672 Times in 1,157 Posts

So long and thanx for all the fish!
good luck on your new endeavors.
do stop by for the occasional rant or 2.
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Rixtr
fidelium (30-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 08:36 PM   #9
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941881
Thanked 5,674 Times in 3,576 Posts

Code:
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 09:22 PM   #10
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 31460

Good a post as I need to read. Thanks back to you.

Hope you hang out, make some Bangers and have some fun. No pressure, just people. Sounds like you've earned it.

And congrats to the fresh meat. Couldn't have happened to better blokes.

Last edited by Artificer; 29-05-2017 at 09:45 PM..
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Artificer
fidelium (30-05-2017)
Old 29-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #11
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992630
Thanked 4,048 Times in 2,624 Posts

where's stu

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 10:05 PM   #12
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42384799
Thanked 5,016 Times in 3,267 Posts

Platonic manly hugs man.

Much longer post edited down but basically this:

I'm not going to lead. I'll help. People can judge for themselves if that proves useful.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #13
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6902809
Thanked 3,472 Times in 2,100 Posts

Best choice you've made in a while.

My advice: drop the tags for a while and then decide. This place is a lot better without all the bullshit.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jaded
fidelium (30-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 07:34 AM   #14
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,441 Times in 1,900 Posts

thanks all. means a lot, you have no idea.
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #15
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6902809
Thanked 3,472 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelium View Post
thanks all. means a lot, you have no idea.
And just so you know, I be all like "Fuck that guy" all the time. But you said you just wanted to be good mates. :justlookatit:
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #16
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 151910
Thanked 3,038 Times in 1,826 Posts

Hey fid.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
fidelium (31-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #17
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175275340
Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,908 Posts

We really appreciate everything you've done. You better stick around admin or not

Code:
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #18
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59310
Thanked 1,186 Times in 789 Posts

Hey man, totally understand. Hope you'll still stick around and hang out here though

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to professurreal
fidelium (31-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #19
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026591
Thanked 7,183 Times in 4,470 Posts

Big booties to fill.
Not those kind you dirty bastard.
I hope you stepping down helps you do other things you want to.
I'm sure these cunts will keep me and Ster in line.
Thanks for all your efforts dude.
Don't be a stranger.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
fidelium (31-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 06:05 PM   #20
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37710

Hey, now I can actually say I like the admin team without being a liar :problemofficer:

Advertisements

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote