Will I have any issues with Win 10?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377217
Will I have any issues with Win 10?

Want to get a new PC. A more than efficient one from Newegg. They all use Windows 10 I think.

I have my Cubase 5. One thing I might upgrade or transfer to another DAW. Maybe Reason. Being able to use VSTs now is interesting. But the Cubase design is what I'm used to.

I have Komplete 8, Waves Platinum and Ozone 4 in box.

Advertisements

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 169560
Thanked 3,391 Times in 2,529 Posts
Re: Will I have any issues with Win 10?

My experiences with Win 10 has lead me to believe it's a piece of data-mining shit that I now won't touch with a ten foot pole. I tried it when it was first offered for free, but quickly became pissed off with the constant updates that were going on in the background without notice.

It connects to MS at will, regardless of if you tell it to or not..settings you choose are reset when it updates..again, without telling you. Mind you, all of these things may very well have been changed by now, but I just don't trust MS any more..they seem to have their eye on the Apple way of doing things..which is not something I feel like supporting or being a part of.

Personally, I would suggest you get a copy if Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and use that as the OS for your studio system and make sure you don't go online with it..carrying out any updates or installs to it via USB drive or CD, for security reasons.

Anyway, that's my advice to you..I'm sure others will reply telling you how great Windows 10 is..and others will post backing up what I've said..but in the end it's a call you'll have to make yourself..you'll either love it or hate it,,but you won't know which until you try it in an active production setting yourself..

Let us know here what you do and how you get on with it if you so. Best of luck.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8524380
Thanked 6,669 Times in 4,756 Posts

I had no isssues w Win 10.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #4
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base

Maybe i'll just keep on jizzing on my 2010 PC to make her happy. Still works just seems iffy. Sometimes have to restart to load all processes.

I hate that the OS is my greatest concern in a new super fast PC.

------------------
Old 03-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
Focalized
Man in the box
Space Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I had no isssues w Win 10.
If one had no issue with WIN 10, I have hopes most will not.

------------------
Old 03-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 58960
Thanked 1,179 Times in 786 Posts

I use Ableton and have Komplete 8 and had absolutely no problems whatsoever when I made the switch to Windows 10. So now there's two

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #7
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 28110

No real problems. It was rough going in beta and when it was first released but better now. The settings resetting thing is annoying and can still happen with updates. It likes to update, you can't pick and choose updates as they're bulk delivered and it's very difficult to keep the updates from happening so save your work and don't plan on your computer never restarting - Microsoft will do it for you.

But 10 is stable, has plenty of useful tools and a smooth user experience. It's not vastly different than 7 to be honest. I'm rather used to it now. But you've got 2.5 years left of Windows 7 if you'd rather use that. There's certainly nothing wrong with it.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #8
Focalized
Man in the box
Space Base

If I get a new PC I'll install everything I have BOXED. Then upgrade anything free?

I guess that the only thing I'm worried about.

------------------
Old 10-06-2017, 11:05 PM   #9
maxadax
Regular Freak
maxadax will become famous soon enough
Buckingham Palace
MC Status: 60

Apart from being a complete insult to every end user that uses it in terms of built in spyware and backdoors you don't have the right to do anything about, everything has worked for me in technical terms.
maxadax is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to maxadax
A.M (11-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 11:30 PM   #10
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941381
Thanked 5,664 Times in 3,570 Posts

Not sure about you guys but i went through the process of turning off updates permanently, like the service itself. It's been some months now, had something to do with my wifi usb stick not being compatible (FML its not even that old) and W10 said fuck you I'm not updating, so I found some page in the net about how to actually turn off the updates...of course, might not work out too well in the long run but I havent had issues other than that and fucking Cortana being on too much.

All in all I liked the streamlined nature of 7 better but I suppose you can't go up against microshit and win.

------------------
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:46 PM   #11
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Public Enema #2
MC Status: 31460

No issues. Weird bugs and errors I used to get on 7-8 just don't seem to happen at all on 10

My PC is also being held together with duct tape and elmers glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post

I hate that the OS is my greatest concern in a new super fast PC.
Nobody said you had to keep 10, TBH. If you like an older OS, just use that

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:14 AM   #12
Metaside
Sample Destroyer
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 5410

So far, everything is running close to perfect for me (Ableton Live 64bit, M4L, many plugins by various developers, jBridge for some older stuff, RX 6). Ableton crashes from time to time, but nothing unusual.

I only had one problem with a jBridged 32bit-plugin that wouldn't work after migrating to Win 10. The developer helped me out with a new functioning version like 2 days after writing an email asking for support.

However, a friend of mine had a lot of problems, mostly after some automatic Win 10 updates I think, that took some time to solve.

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:48 AM   #13
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9610

No issues at all on my end. It has played nice with everything for me

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to dada_davros
jVs (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 04:58 AM   #14
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 18760

No issues with win10 for me. Whenever I render a track out, it asks if I want to activate onedrive or something, I could probably find a way to get rid of that if I really hated it.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
Mario D (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #15
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2860

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Whenever I render a track out, it asks if I want to activate onedrive or something.
This fukin thing...........

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #16
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
Want to get a new PC. A more than efficient one from Newegg. They all use Windows 10 I think.

I have my Cubase 5. One thing I might upgrade or transfer to another DAW. Maybe Reason. Being able to use VSTs now is interesting. But the Cubase design is what I'm used to.

I have Komplete 8, Waves Platinum and Ozone 4 in box.
Take W10, trust me. Everything is easy with W10, if you dont mind being controled/spied by Microsoft and US and AAaaaii.

I've been using Cubase for the last 8 years since Cubase 3. Switched 2 days ago on Studio One
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I'm not gonna be a b.tch and post my yesterdays work here I've done in Studio One but you can go to Listening Booth and check my work out.
Amazing software. Amazing. It's like cubase but from a year 2025. So thrilled I'm not coming down from a PC ..my wife is pissed...

Advertisements

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mario D
A.M (11-06-2017)