How to use Alt+Space in Ableton
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 17-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Angels of Debauchery
Soundwave Mangler
Angels of Debauchery is currently spamming hard
Austin
MC Status: 10
How to use Alt+Space in Ableton

I am running Ableton Live 9 on Windows 10 and I'm unable to use Alt+Space in the piano roll due to the fact that Alt+Space is the Windows hotkey to bring up the minimize tray panel. The only way for me to edit notes is to let the ENTIRE damn midi to play through until I get to the part I want to actually hear every time. This is frustratingly time consuming and irritating. I just switched to Ableton from FL Studio and this definitely makes me want to just say fuck it and go back.

Has anyone else on Windows had this issue and found a way to resolve it? I tried to disable the hotkey through the program AutoHotKey but that sadly disables the entire key and so it doesn't pull up the tray but I also cant use the key for Ableton either.

Thank you to anyone who might have any ideas on how I can solve this issue.

Last edited by Angels of Debauchery; 23-04-2017 at 06:21 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Angels of Debauchery is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
l3ug
Microknight
l3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to alll3ug is a name known to all
Livorno
MC Status: 610
Re: How to use Alt+Space in Ableton

in ableton there are alot of way to make same thing xD i'm on Windows10 too, and what alt+space would actually do in other pc? :0 can't gotcha haah
if u need to put all midi stuff one scale up/down try to press shift and use arrow ;D
l3ug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #3
Schnork
Deep Underground
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 14660

What does Alt+Space do? In Live everything can be done without keyboard commands, no?
Im using Ableton for ten years and dont even know what Alt+Space is supposed to do. i dont think Ive missed a function^^

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 03:27 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 41710

I know about control space and shift space, but I'm wondering about alt space as well.

Looks like it might be playing from the selected midi note(s), but I just tried it with control and it did the same thing.

Advertisements

Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote