MIDI pitch bend automation lane in Cubase 8 ?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC
MC Status: 571101
MIDI pitch bend automation lane in Cubase 8 ?

Hello,

I am on steep marathon with cubase and want to learn how to automate pitch for midi events. I did not find it anywhere in the parameters context menu and read whole bunch of threads on the steinberg forum and users there claim pitch is only automatable via cc message but not midi ? So.. any of you, experienced cubase users, is is possible to automate MIDI pitch in an automation lane?

Kind regards!

Advertisements

------------------
slugware is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026141
Thanked 7,174 Times in 4,464 Posts
Re: MIDI pitch bend automation lane in Cubase 8 ?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:15 AM   #3
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC

hey, lolirl, thank you for directing me to this thread but it was the first thing i addressed about it, as well as many other similar threads on their forums.

Anyway, even there, users come up with a workaround using the Transformer plugin.

Is there a way to automate pitch for MIDI in the project arrangement straight on an automation lane just like as in ableton live. i see its possible to do it inside the key editor [piano roll], but that isn't quite appealing to me yet. you know, muscle memory is sometimes a bummer...

------------------
Old 02-12-2016, 01:53 AM   #4
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17610

not sure if that's what you are asking. but, if you

1) click on your track channel arrow to show an automation lane
2) click on the parameter section to see the list of things you can automate
3) click on 'More', you should get the full list of all parameters you can automate, including Midi modifiers and all CCs as well.
4) make sure that Read Automation is enabled (the green 'R)

there's a filter function where you can search for what you want. so here's me automating pitch bend for Retrologue2:

is that what you mean?

Last edited by iDoG; 02-12-2016 at 01:59 AM..
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:49 PM   #5
slugware
Master of the LFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDoG View Post
not sure if that's what you are asking. but, if you

1) click on your track channel arrow to show an automation lane
2) click on the parameter section to see the list of things you can automate
3) click on 'More', you should get the full list of all parameters you can automate, including Midi modifiers and all CCs as well.
4) make sure that Read Automation is enabled (the green 'R)

there's a filter function where you can search for what you want. so here's me automating pitch bend for Retrologue2:

is that what you mean?
YES! Thank you very much, sir!

------------------
Old 17-12-2016, 10:25 AM   #6
saraedward
Learning The Ropes
saraedward is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

good board
saraedward is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
saraedward
Learning The Ropes
saraedward is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

there a way to automate pitch for MIDI in the project arrangement straight on an automation lane just like as in ableton live. i see its possible to do it inside the key editor [piano roll], but that isn't quite appealing to me yet. you know, muscle memory is sometimes a bummer...

Last edited by saraedward; 17-12-2016 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: ww

Advertisements

saraedward is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote