The Creepy Crawlies thread
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 25-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
A huge, flying cockroach soared across the room 10 minutes ago and landed on my window. I decided to take the light approach of grinding him up kind of softly with my shoe in my hand, considering it's an old window (probably at least 30 years old or more, it's definitely old). I didn't even expect to crack it with such minimal pressure, but the whole fucking window pane collapsed and fell from the second story to the ground. FUCKING GREAT. No shards remaining, either. Just completely blown the fuck out.
Yeah, I think we are going to have flying roaches this year. I haven't seen them for years. I opened the door the other night and what I thought was a moth, was a roach. Now, I have to admire you because I cannot stand the sound of crunching insects. So my battle plan was a rolled up newspaper and then I sprayed it with Windex, to make sure.

That is crazy about your window!!!!

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941881
Thanked 5,674 Times in 3,576 Posts
Re: Things that piss you off the most

For some reason we don't get roaches around here. Must be all the spiders we have. Lots and lots of spiders. I regularly go outside and see four or five wolf spiders hanging around the house. Which is a good thing because wolf spiders are harmless and don't go in the house much.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
For some reason we don't get roaches around here. Must be all the spiders we have. Lots and lots of spiders. I regularly go outside and see four or five wolf spiders hanging around the house. Which is a good thing because wolf spiders are harmless and don't go in the house much.
Really? I thought you might get them because it's a warmer climate. That's cool. Yeah they are not your typical roaches, they live in the desert. So when it gets hot outside you start seeing them crawl out of the cracks and crevices. Luckily by the time most make it into the house they are dead because I have a bug guy who sprays every so often. We have spiders, black widows, scorpions, camel spiders, brown recluse, and wolf spiders. HUGE black widows and these scary ones that you can hear when they run...

I once found one of these in my sink...(not my video)

Thanks to Muse-ic
Numerical (25-05-2014)
Old 25-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Really? I thought you might get them because it's a warmer climate. That's cool. Yeah they are not your typical roaches, they live in the desert. So when it gets hot outside you start seeing them crawl out of the cracks and crevices. Luckily by the time most make it into the house they are dead because I have a bug guy who sprays every so often. We have spiders, black widows, scorpions, camel spiders, brown recluse, and wolf spiders. HUGE black widows and these scary ones that you can hear when they run...

I once found one of these in my sink...(not my video)

Camel Spider 2013 - YouTube
I live in the UK.

I simply can't imagine being face to face with such beasts.

God I love Great Britain.
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Minion View Post
I live in the UK.

I simply can't imagine being face to face with such beasts.

God I love Great Britain.
Haha, see I made it sound worse than it is. I don't usually see them that often.
Old 25-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin

Yeah man, the desert. I'd be scared shitless of half the critters wandering around there.

We have roaches in this area, just not around my house. Might be due to the Orkin man doing regular visits (my landlords pay for that shit though) as well as the abundance of spiders. Grass spiders and wolf spider and tarantulas and brown recluses all over the hood. I'd honestly rather have spiders than roaches though, even though on the whole they are more dangerous. I'd rather have spiders and snakes than locusts and crickets and roaches. I have a crazy fear of locusts and swarming insectoids guh!

Last edited by Numerical; 25-05-2014 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: typing way too fast

------------------
brumski
Old 25-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #7
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Haha, see I made it sound worse than it is. I don't usually see them that often.
Huntsman's. Moth's.

Once is enough.
Thanks to Cypherclerk
Muse-ic (27-05-2014)
Old 25-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

On the topic of spiders we used to get these nasty buggers we called Dock spiders (or Fishing spider), relatives of the wolf spider, up north.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Here's a tiny babby one, they get absolutely massive! Don't think they're too deadly or aggressive though, this guy doesn't seem to be too phased by the fact that one is sitting right on his face. You definitely wouldn't want a camel spider just chilling on your face. They usually run and hide when they're threatened and I think they're cuties. They used to really freak me out though when I was younger, cause of their size.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PROton42
cirric (10-10-2014)
Old 25-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #9
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Rectilinear Filigree

Parasitic wasps are far more evil than any spider.

Not that they effect us humans, but my god: http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketsci...ing-bodyguard/
Thanks to Cypherclerk
PROton42 (25-05-2014)
Old 25-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #10
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Rectilinear Filigree

Code:
Infecting your host since your belongs to us.
Old 25-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #11
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992530
Thanked 4,046 Times in 2,622 Posts

numerical and muse-ic, I hear arachnophobic stories of brown recluses slipping in your shoe and biting when they feel threatened because you put them on. Or in the bed sheets too. Do you actually have to be careful about these running around your house ?
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #12
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
numerical and muse-ic, I hear arachnophobic stories of brown recluses slipping in your shoe and biting when they feel threatened because you put them on. Or in the bed sheets too. Do you actually have to be careful about these running around your house ?
No, where I have lived, you rarely if ever run into brown recluse spiders because, as their name states, they are reclusive. Occasionally you will hear someone had a run in with a recluse but it usually involves stirring up a place that is seldomly used.

Now...black widows on the other hand will find their way into your shoes. Black widows are the spiders I have the most contact with. Sometimes I go black widow hunting at dusk. That is when they come out on their webs to hunt.

Like Numerical, I don't see that many bugs/spiders in the house because a guy comes and sprays every 2 months. But, outside, or in the garage you will see spiders and bugs.
Old 25-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

Every once in a blue moon I'll see a spider in the bathtub (itsy bitsy spider goes up the water spout etc) but other than that, just like Muse-ic says, they stay outdoors ftmp. They don't eat garbage and people food like roaches tend to, so they have less reason to come a'knocking.

------------------
brumski
Old 25-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #14
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
On the topic of spiders we used to get these nasty buggers we called Dock spiders (or Fishing spider), relatives of the wolf spider, up north.

Code:
Here's a tiny babby one, they get absolutely massive! Don't think they're too deadly or aggressive though, this guy doesn't seem to be too phased by the fact that one is sitting right on his face. You definitely wouldn't want a camel spider just chilling on your face. They usually run and hide when they're threatened and I think they're cuties. They used to really freak me out though when I was younger, cause of their size.
I used to be terrified of spiders, but now I am not so freaked- I think I've learned they are generally more scared of us. I have to admit that guy is kind of cute, especially since he is only in a picture.
Old 26-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #15
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421870179
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,802 Posts

Here's a third post, because you demanded it:

All you babies crying about spiders, just be thankful you don't have to come face to face with the dreaded mukade:

Code:

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #16
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post

All you babies crying about spiders, just be thankful you don't have to come face to face with the dreaded mukade:

Code:
Fuck you. This is really going to be in my nightmares now. Often times I'll dream of centipedes and encounter them the day after in my waking life (really, it's like an omen). If this fucker shows up, I'm going to cry forever
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #17
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post

Code:
Wow, I shall never complain again....
Old 27-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #18
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Rectilinear Filigree

Post here all those residual primordial fears and reminders of why it is better to stay indoors than leave the house.

Cyclocosmia Ricketti

Code:
Old 27-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #19
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts
Re: The Creepy Crawlies thread

Not dangerous but these little buggers,

Code:
We call them June bugs, relatives of the scarab? Basically they don't live very long and are super frantic all the time. In Barrie there would be trees absolutely INFESTED with them, you could see and hear them buzzing around in clouds, and whenever you walked near them, BAM- they would just assault you. They fly right into your face and try to fuck your face.

Here's a traditional, non-fuzzy looking one:
Code:
Also, Ticks. I'm not posting any pictures because "fuck them forever", and I've never had to deal with a tick before. Hopefully I never will.

Last edited by PROton42; 27-05-2014 at 08:03 PM..

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PROton42
Cypherclerk (27-05-2014)
Old 27-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #20
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 47410
Re: The Creepy Crawlies thread

Blarrrrgh! These fuckers, cicadas. They live in the earth for years as sickening larva and then they emerge to fuck and make more of their ilk. The thing is, they make this horrible chittering sound. And, if you startle them, they sound like one of those fucking joy buzzers kids buy at the magic shop.

Code:

Advertisements

Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Stich
PROton42 (27-05-2014)