Any M4L users on here? looking for potential testers.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
Dataf1ow
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47763802
Any M4L users on here? looking for potential testers.

Hey all,

I've been deep into M4L since I got my hands on it a few years ago, and have been performing using some of the patches I wrote. I was wondering if anybody would be willing to test some of the stuff I make so I can polish it enough to be used by people other than me.

Some things I have made/want to make:

- "Pages" for the launchpad - - enter user 2 mode and you have access to four different pages that take conrtrol of the 8 x8 grid to allow you to do different things. * virtual sliders, an x/y grid, and eight voice rhythmically indepent sequencer, mlr clone

- A sustain pedal hack that allows you to imitate the functionality of live's looper with a sustain pedal.

-A suite of physically modeled modulators/sequencers - - using the new physics engine in max 6, i'd like to create some tools that harness gravity, elasticity and impacts to create tools that modulate parameters, or produce notes based on physical rules (realistic or non-realistic rules).

I wrote a proposal on the last item, that's much more in depth, if anyone cares to read it.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Lemme know,

Advertisements

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
lyonheart
Learning The Ropes
lyonheart will become famous soon enough
Normally Portland, OR; currently Uruguay
MC Status: 60
Re: Any M4L users on here? looking for potential testers.

I'm not sure the Jitter Physics stuff is going to be quite fast enough to do proper physical modeling... on the other hand I think it could make for good fodder for parameter manipulation or "boids"-like algorithmic source material at an LFO rate.

I've built a few resonators in gen~ that have made interesting sounds that go from kick drum to plate reverb and back, but haven't put them into M4L yet.

If you have a download link, I'd love to check them out and offer feedback.
lyonheart is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Tomorrow's Harvest
Old 11-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 24960

Oh, I was about to respond when I noticed this is thread is one year old? Did you put those patches online in the meantime Dataflow?

edit: or is it just two months, in what way is the date notated here? ^^"

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
Dataf1ow
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonheart View Post
I'm not sure the Jitter Physics stuff is going to be quite fast enough to do proper physical modeling... on the other hand I think it could make for good fodder for parameter manipulation or "boids"-like algorithmic source material at an LFO rate.

I've built a few resonators in gen~ that have made interesting sounds that go from kick drum to plate reverb and back, but haven't put them into M4L yet.

If you have a download link, I'd love to check them out and offer feedback.
Yeah I don't want to do physical modeling in the sense of trying to replicate instruments etc. I want to makes data generators that obey the laws of physics. I haven't started down that road yet, so no patches at the moment.

I have started an 8 channel looper that records, then chops the audio into 8 slices, has speed control, and button push sequence recording, controlled from the phardware Push. It's not polished yet, but I did use it in a performance a few weeks ago and its a lot of fun, and great for taking loops and reworking them quickly. You will need a push to use it though....

------------------
Old 12-01-2014, 01:36 AM   #5
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6210

From the discussion this sounds quite interesting, but I don't really understand the context. Could you provide a little more information?
TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #6
Dataf1ow

A little more information on what exactly?

------------------
Old 12-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6210

Re-read again and it makes more sense. Not being the end of evening it made more sense. I would like to read said proposal for the controllers though.
TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
Dataf1ow

Here's a link to the proposal:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 12-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #9
neutral
Savage Mad Cunt
neutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MCneutral is a savage MC
Manchester
MC Status: 103011127

I'm down. I could maybe help a little with my mediocre Max abilities, if you need it.

Or, like, code an external. I've wanted to have a go at that for a while...

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Akira View Post
New years day 2000 my guitar became self-aware. It kills fascists with three chords and the truth.
neutral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 06:20 AM   #10
avantagonist
avantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MCavantagonist is a savage MC
Miami
MC Status: 58054

Hey Dataf1ow, definitely interested in the physical modeling stuff. I messed around with a few of the IRCAM physical modeling max patches while I was in school and have wanted to know more ever since. Do you know of any patches that demonstrate some basic PM techniques?

Advertisements

avantagonist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote