Do you have a template setup for your DAW - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 19-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #41
Cynos
Microknight
Cynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to behold
San Carlos de Bariloche
MC Status: 660
Re: Do you have a template setup for your DAW

I use a template I made with bass and drums, that is useful with genres like psytrance, IDM, etc.

Advertisements

------------------
SC - dA
Cynos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #42
purplefish
Master of the LFO
purplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MC
Ghent
MC Status: 11410

I only really started using templates when I got into hardware - just a few channels with the right MIDI destinations set up and the right trigger layout for the drummachines (why do some companies insist on spreading them seemingly randomly across the keyboard?), but I end up moving shit about and replugging everything quite often so it all goes to shit and I have to make a new one almost every time.

------------------
my drawings/music/videos/stuff: http://www.floodcomics.com/
purplefish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Syro
Old 10-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #43
Eater
Learning The Ropes
Eater is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

yup, I made a template for ableton. colorcoded and everything. with all the miditracks, audiotracks and I/O's matching the setup in my studio, set to go.
Its really helpfull, saves lots of time from routing stuff and all that. I also have my fav plugins there so they load up when I launch ableton.
Since it's really easy to configure in Ableton and to overwrite the default template i tend to update it like... once a week or so - like when I find a new favorite plugin
Eater is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #44
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198360
Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,954 Posts

I prefer my eggs sunny side up.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
vashima (14-10-2014)
Old 14-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #45
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

I feel like I end up doing a lot of the same. I make templates, and they are very useful for a couple days; then everything goes to shit. haha. I suppose, it really depends which DAW I'm using and why I'm using it. I keep protools and reason pretty updated with a template scheme. Especially, for the routing and "go-to" plugins in the right order on the inserts. It is always nice to switch it up every once in awhile.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Aphex Twin "Syro"
Old 14-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #46
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837848

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I prefer my eggs sunny side up.
I like mine sunny side down- and don't turn 'em over!

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TheWizar
A.M (14-10-2014)
Old 14-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #47
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105318089

Nah, I usually just start with....nothing, Just as the empty template suggests. Not that there is anything wrong with templates, I just prefer to wake up in a new world every single day.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #48
KEKE SOUND
Minor Glitch
KEKE SOUND is currently spamming hard
Ottawa

no never. though i use some ableton rack presets and so on for some vstis
KEKE SOUND is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #49
kresbeatz
Microknight
kresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to beholdkresbeatz is a splendid one to behold
Budapest, Hungary
MC Status: 860

I always use my template. I configured all Inputs/Outputs, made all Aux channels with routing to control external effects, made color scheme, metering on faders, tracks for Analog Rytm (drum machine) with correct bussing and VCA group. It just save my time A LOT (16 ins/outs + all stuff I mentioned above).

------------------

RME UFX, i7-5820K with 32GB RAM, UAD Satellite OCTO, Neve 1073LBx2 Focal SM9, AKG K712, KRK VXT6
Nord Lead 4, Analog Keys, Moog Sub 37, Boomstar 4075, DSI Prophet-6, OP-1
kresbeatz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #50
mike90t09
Minor Glitch
mike90t09 will become famous soon enough
Traverse City, MI
MC Status: 60

I have 5 audio tracks set up for kick, snare, hats, clap, ride/crash and I group all of those together. Then I have 5 more audio tracks open for whatever as well as 5 MIDI tracks.

That's my basic set up and then I add or subtract as needed. All colored coded too.

Personally templates makes workflow much smoother and organized. I like it neat lol

------------------
mike90t09 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:01 AM   #51
radiobeatsonlin
Learning The Ropes
radiobeatsonlin is currently spamming hard
NYC

Yes I do pretty thorough template sessions that load with all the possible tracks I may need which includes audio tracks, internal midi tracks and well as aux tracks with plug-ins. I have about 6 different templates I use to start. Say I am tracking vocals I have a template specific for that. Same if I am going for a organic type of track vs a synthetic track. WORKFLOW!!!!
radiobeatsonlin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #52
Shepartone
Granular Poster
Shepartone has a spectacular aura aboutShepartone has a spectacular aura aboutShepartone has a spectacular aura about
Louisville
MC Status: 210

I crack a fresh egg open every time. Can't beat that first thick streak of ink across a fresh sheet of paper. Whenever I need some quick placeholders I just flip open my folder and throw down the first appropriate instruments I see.
Shepartone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #53
The Rumblist
Minor Glitch
The Rumblist is a jewel in the roughThe Rumblist is a jewel in the roughThe Rumblist is a jewel in the rough
Kent
MC Status: 260

In Logic, I only have templates set up with things like effects sends ready and sidechain compression in place, so i don't have to fanny about with all the fiddly things. Also have a template with the kind of neuro EQ band split all ready to go.

Ableton always from scratch though.

------------------
Rumblist Business Records
RBR001 The Rumblist - You Don't Know Me - https://soundcloud.com/rumblist-busi...blist-you-dont
The Rumblist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #54
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Phomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant future
Sevilla
MC Status: 1860

I've got a few but when making electronic music usually I start from scratch, I have one for orchestral compositions in cubase that took me like a week to build it up...a friend of mine spent like a month building his template, but he is really a master composing for orchestra, honestly I can only do shitty short things in that environment lol

------------------

Phomorian72 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #55
NChil10
Granular Poster
NChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to all
Sheffield
MC Status: 610

I have an initial template that I generally use for each project. It's basically Battery 4 set up in Reaper so that each drum routes to a separate track within the drum group. If I decide to use audio for drums (cutting samples) I'll eventually remove this, but it's great to have it set up to program a simple drum loop and start creating. I know other DAWs like Ableton do this automatically, but Reaper is not quite there yet with midi. It's great for other things though.
NChil10 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:45 PM   #56
H2000SD
Minor Glitch
H2000SD has a spectacular aura aboutH2000SD has a spectacular aura about
London
MC Status: 160

I always start fresh when using cubase I found that using templates really annoyed me as im always doing something different each time I create something and the templates I made never catered to each one my projects.
H2000SD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 12:11 AM   #57
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33010

About 40 templates and around 50 or so track templates..with one main template as my base to work from with my normal effects chains.. I am template fiend..in this day and age for what I do speed sometimes is a major factor..good fast cheap pick two..usually it is fast and cheap..oh well

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 03:41 PM   #58
DjRapitops
IDMf Supporter
DjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond reputeDjRapitops has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 2010

I only use one where the mixer has submixes ready for use.

Haven't yet found out a way to lay down instruments or any arrangements without changing what I would actually make with an empty board.
DjRapitops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:36 PM   #59
tintala
Granular Poster
tintala is just really nicetintala is just really nicetintala is just really nicetintala is just really nicetintala is just really nice
Kathmandu ,Nepal
MC Status: 410

yup I use a template in Live; saves so much time, especially if you have a small list of favorite presets or synths you use. Can always tweak them.
tintala is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 05:07 AM   #60
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
YoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud of
Medellin
MC Status: 1060

I do actually, i found out that i used to spend a lot of time on setting up the same compression sidechain effect, and loading the same percussive samples i use, so i decided to create a template with all of that instead, to avoid unnecessary waste of time.

Advertisements

YoSoyPincho is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to YoSoyPincho
vashima (24-09-2015)