Any suggestion on what soundcard to buy? [Webshop link inside] - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #21
soundmodel
Microknight
soundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant future
Finland
MC Status: 1810
Re: Any suggestion on what soundcard to buy? [Webshop link inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Bought Focusrite 2i2 second generation.
It's alright!
Don't feel much of an advantage while producing to be honest.
The output could have less noise (can be hearable with headphones), the output could sound broader (particularly the extreme highs and extreme lows can be perceived to have more detail) and you could be able to get lower latencies without "crackle" noise occuring.

Advertisements

soundmodel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 05:02 AM   #22
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2960
Re: Any suggestion on what soundcard to buy? [Webshop link inside]

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmodel View Post
The output could have less noise (can be hearable with headphones), the output could sound broader (particularly the extreme highs and extreme lows can be perceived to have more detail) and you could be able to get lower latencies without "crackle" noise occuring.
Yep, with headphones is sounds super clear sound. However my Yamaha HS80m monitors do have a ground loop problem (since forever).
I do solve groundloop on monitors with [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
that removes of groundloop, but I would also presume I lose on sound quality there.
So yea,
Also, I talked in this thread about my PC not being able to run a lot of instruments/vst's at once. It had nothing to do with buffering and latency. I found out problem is these daw's run on 1 core, even tho you do chose somewhere in options multithread blabla, but ctrl+alt+delete, Open resource monitor tab shows 1 of my 8 cores is in 100% use, which bottlenecks the rest. I did unpark rest of the cores and did everything to enable them, but daw's run mainly on 1 core, others are in like 10% use.
Yea. :notafinga:
Hey, at least I have knobs now right in my reach

Advertisements

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote