The worst hardware you tried/owned - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 25-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #41
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 162710
Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,951 Posts
Re: The worst hardware you tried/owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Really? Wow man. I just had such a hard time trying to get decent guitar tones out of it. I did like the delays and reverbs though. The EQ gave me the most shit iirc.
I must say that it's the slightly overdriven/heavily compressed tones I like from it, I don't care much for the heavy distortion it does... and the tubes in there are old mismatched random 12ax7's from a boxful of used ones I got from the goodwill. It sounds very special and warm and I don't look forward to the day they will eventually fail. I also used to use it as a DI box. The gate is supernaturally efficient... even with the buzziest fucking single coils. It manages to sound natural. Sometimes I put on a huge's 80's wig and use one of the hair metal presets. It sure nails that sound.

Oh yeah and it's the 2101 "studio tube" version that I have. Very very much the same as far as the analog portion in concerned. I think.

Advertisements

thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 01:58 PM   #42
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421871529
Thanked 4,871 Times in 2,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
I've bought two pieces of gear my entire life, but I still think I can make an informed statement regarding this:

Piece of shit.
Threw that fucking thing out today.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #43
Guiorgi Smith
Learning The Ropes
Guiorgi Smith will become famous soon enough
Leeds
MC Status: 60

my first post on the forums but thought id weigh in and say that M audio's trigger finger pro is the most bugged peice of kit ive ever had the pleasure of buying. Huge midi sync issues and after finally sorting these out to a point where it becomes reasonably workable im finding the software bundled with it is glitchy and useless. Think im going to have to export all these bundled samples as one shot wavs and use a different drum sampler because air drums is horrendous!
Guiorgi Smith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Guiorgi Smith
A.M (03-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 06:47 AM   #44
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6904559
Thanked 3,507 Times in 2,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Total garbage right here that won't sync to a clock to save its life. Had one for about a week...

Ow my brain! So many memories I thought were erased.

I just remember turning the knobs and nothing happening. I was like, what? I just lowered the cutoff and it sounds the same. Then I explored the presets. But hang on, that preset sound exactly the same as the last one. Oh, wait they're all the same. Oh well, I can always run it through a filter later, at least it's got portamento.... Oh, wait...
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:04 AM   #45
Sennheiserbush
Minor Glitch
Sennheiserbush is just really niceSennheiserbush is just really niceSennheiserbush is just really niceSennheiserbush is just really nice
California
MC Status: 360

Something about the unresponsiveness of those MPCs makes tapping on concrete feel more rhythmic and fulfilling.
Sennheiserbush is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #46
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75628239

FB-01. Fuck.
Reminded me of this vid:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #47
NiDBiLD
Regular Freak
NiDBiLD has a spectacular aura aboutNiDBiLD has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Alesis Q61 midi keyboard. It pretty much fell apart by itself. A few of the plastic parts holding the keys' springs in place shattered from normal use, and more and more keys became unusable. Never get one.
NiDBiLD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #48
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080164
Thanked 1,230 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Total garbage right here that won't sync to a clock to save its life. Had one for about a week...

well, it forces you to jam. as slave, all the neat knobs are gone. as master, live continually stopped because the 303 wrote something, i guess. also, the clock is somewhat strange... i was thinking it ran on some sort of battery that gave out 10 years ago? iunno.

its funny, right now i am selling one of these.

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:17 AM   #49
aizoyurei
Granular Poster
aizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really nice
Osaka
MC Status: 410

Roland MC-909. Had a friend who was in a band with someone who used one. He made gnarly tunes with it. I wanted to also but, DAMN, that thing was so terribly crappy to use.
Sold it and used the money to buy an SPD-SX.
aizoyurei is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:10 AM   #50
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987903
Thanked 1,115 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:

Yep, it's definitely hot stinky garbage. Also the Tr-505 underwhelming in the extreme in a non cuircuit bent state, same for the yamaha rx series drum machines. I also briefly owned an original novation bass station and didn't like that either.
Kaede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:42 AM   #51
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1838427

Novation Bassstation
Korg Prophecy
McMillen Queno

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 10:27 PM   #52
Detroit-Berlin
Minor Glitch
Detroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Roland gear from 2001 onwards

DA conversion sucks, their design sucks, their build sucks and they always have illogical quirks that make you go "Aaaaarrgghh why can't it do that".

And the fact that they are 'milking the cow' with their new boutique line that all feature mini jacks and no separate outs + are actually plugins in a box doesn't help their case.
Detroit-Berlin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Detroit-Berlin
MFXxx (16-06-2017)
Old 17-06-2017, 02:51 AM   #53
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 56810
Thanked 1,136 Times in 840 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Novation Bassstation
Korg Prophecy
McMillen Queno

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
What didn't you like about the QuNeo? I thought that, aside the need to program every mapping and LED function, it seemed like a decent piece of gear. That said, it sits idle on the table.

Beyond that... thei Aira TB-3 was not anywhere near what I'd hoped it'd be.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 09:51 PM   #54
Caoutchou
Minor Glitch
Caoutchou has a spectacular aura aboutCaoutchou has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

MFB-503. Don't recommend it, it's really counterintuitive to program, weighs almost nothing (not very durable, or so it seems) and has far from the best options in its price range. Overall meh, while I do love most other MFB products.
Caoutchou is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #55
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 44560

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Yeah..you might be lucky and have grabbed a newer version, but the ones I got weren't. Also, for the record, their support on this sucks, too. I..and others..made posts about these faults on their forum, only to have the posts "vanish" within minutes of posting or go totally unanswered.

Basically, it was enough in all to make me keep clear of all things Arturia in fufutre..even though I still do like the MiniLab.
I changed my mind. I'm pretty sure every one of the knobs are useless now, just because I turned them too many times and otherwise kept it in perfect shape

Minilab sucks

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (18-06-2017)