Dubstep help (No harsh dub producers please)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Glitchology
Minor Glitch
Glitchology is currently spamming hard
Pahrump, NV (near Las Vegas)
MC Status: 10
Dubstep help (No harsh dub producers please)

Hello fellow producers. I have been producing seriously for about a year and a half non stop. I make House, Liquid DnB, "Drumstep", and Dubstep.

I constantly get comments saying it doesn't flow or sound like it matches the style I was starting out with.

I asked around my producer friends and only one actually gave time to help me out but I'm still kinda stomped.

This is my SoundCloud where I post my latest tunes and WIP.

It would be great if you guys could help me become a better producer because I am very passionate about what I do. Thanks for reading and redirect if necessary.

~music is my life~

Last edited by lolirl; 06-04-2014 at 12:34 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
The Latest WIP's, Previews, and Original songs by me!
Glitchology is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564580
Thanked 7,473 Times in 5,277 Posts
Re: Dubstep help (No harsh dub producers please)

I am at work so I cant listen at the moment, but you will probably get a better response posting a tune with specific questions in the Listening Booth sub forum (read the stickies first please).

I would be happy to have a listen to a tune or two for you later. I have the house to myself this weekend, so get after me via PM if I dont get back with you in the next 24 hours.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199648418
Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,204 Posts

I listened to the one that's going on your new ep that you have up as a single. Seemed to me it was just midrange bass, vocal sample, and a fairly space drumtrack. Is there any provision for pads or other melodic elements in this type of music?

That would be my next step were I you. It'll help everything flow together much more once you know how to use those elements to bring in transitions and whatnot.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Sorry yo - but there's a 1000 people on this forum who'd like to make exactly the same thread as you did here. Post specific tracks in the LB & use that feedback to improve your work. Or look through the classifieds and collab with someone. Or with your LB post make it known that you'd like someone to mentor you. Or something. This is really just a generalized LB post outside of the LB.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 06-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043541
Thanked 7,522 Times in 4,653 Posts

If you want people to check out your music then take the stupid smiley rave out of your signature and put a link to your website in there instead.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread