Producer Team - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 27-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #21
Aniol
Soundscaper
Aniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to behold
Huntington Beach
MC Status: 710
Re: Producer Team

Ah the beauty of ignorance.

Advertisements

Aniol is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #22
Dippshoe
cunt
Dippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MC
In an abandoned cave covered by mist in the depths of Jotunheimen.
MC Status: 12810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniol View Post
hahahahaha i saw this the first day it came out i know how he produces! Okay I just want to say if its "that" easy. Why cant we all do it?
This is such a foolish thing to say.

And to answer your question. I know several people on this forum carries the musical experience to actually achieve this kinda of music, but they don't for several reasons.

Reason 1: It's shit music.
Reason 2: Why the fuck make shit music?

Last edited by Dippshoe; 27-09-2013 at 08:49 AM..

------------------

'Don't be an idiot.' Changed my life.
-Dwight Schrute.
Dippshoe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
EjMU
Analog Lurker
EjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to allEjMU is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Haha the drama

------------------

Old 27-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
Aniol
Soundscaper
Aniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to beholdAniol is a splendid one to behold
Huntington Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippshoe View Post
This is such a foolish thing to say.

And to answer your question. I know several people on this forum carries the musical experience to actually achieve this kinda of music, but they don't for several reasons.

Reason 1: It's shit music.
Reason 2: Why the fuck make shit music?

Excuses. I havent heard anyone on here yet make a song yet like his. I know there has to be people obviously that carry the musical experience to do it then why dont they? at least to give it a try lol I just want to hear one person do it and I would be fine with it. It'd make me happy because then you would be right. It is easy to make.
Old 27-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283184
Thanked 2,640 Times in 1,759 Posts

probably because its mind numbingly shite

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #26
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110450
Thanked 2,183 Times in 1,416 Posts

here - this guy does it in 5 minutes. Will save a forum user the effort.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
Dippshoe
cunt
Dippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MC

Quote:
Excuses. I havent heard anyone on here yet make a song yet like his. I know there has to be people obviously that carry the musical experience to do it then why dont they? at least to give it a try lol I just want to hear one person do it and I would be fine with it. It'd make me happy because then you would be right. It is easy to make.
Why would someone for God's sake make anything they don't even like?

Let me narrow the whole fucking shit behind this crap music down for you.

A fairly easy chords progression with several nexus patches layered. (NOTE: You may use some time surfing through the presets, make enough coffee.)
Some drum loops found in vengeance.
A lead with the most cheesy melody you can think of. (Don't forget to get every second note wrong when you record this one. Very important.)
And don't forget about the sweeps you also find in these sample packs.

Now mix... Nah, don't bother mixing, you got people to do that. Well, Avicci does atleast.

Now export.

Seriously. The most impressive thing this guys does is surfing through presets/samples like a fucking champ!

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 27-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #28
Sebt1890
Granular Poster
Sebt1890 will become famous soon enoughSebt1890 will become famous soon enough
Los Angeles
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Levels is what we should all aspire to.

HAHA this really made me laugh.

As for being part of a team there's nothing wrong with it.

My gf and I co-produce. She used to be a music major and I went to school for audio engineering so we usually throw ideas together, 2 creative minds are better than one, and she'll tweak the stuff I make and vice versa and in the end I'll mix it and post it up for feedback etc.

However, being part of an international team can be tricky and would be better if people who lived close to each other did it.
Sebt1890 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #29
Aniol
Soundscaper
Huntington Beach

Well i guess we should say that anyone could any electronic song that is here nowadays sense everything is so easy. I still think he can produce fairly well. And I dont think that one song "Levels" has a factor in saying that he is a terrible producer for all of eternity thats just BS. But watever if he sucks to u guys he sucks then lol I just wanted to know why u think he sucks so badly.
Old 27-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
Aniol
Soundscaper
Huntington Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippshoe View Post
Why would someone for God's sake make anything they don't even like?

Let me narrow the whole fucking shit behind this crap music down for you.

A fairly easy chords progression with several nexus patches layered. (NOTE: You may use some time surfing through the presets, make enough coffee.)
Some drum loops found in vengeance.
A lead with the most cheesy melody you can think of. (Don't forget to get every second note wrong when you record this one. Very important.)
And don't forget about the sweeps you also find in these sample packs.

Now mix... Nah, don't bother mixing, you got people to do that. Well, Avicci does atleast.

Now export.

Seriously. The most impressive thing this guys does is surfing through presets/samples like a fucking champ!
What music do you make and like anyways? Just curious.
Old 27-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #31
Dippshoe
cunt

Quote:
What music do you make and like anyways? Just curious.
That's a good question. I'm not in to specific genres I guess, but if I'd I have to mention a couple I'd say IDM, Glitch Hop, some prog house and electro house by certain artists, future garage and electronica (which is hard to put under specific genre).

To mention some artists; Aphex Twin, Koan sound, Koan, deadmau5, Röyksopp, Burial, Zedd, Asa, Sorrow, Culperate.

And I make mostly music that inspires me. A lot of what I make is inspired my the names I've mentioned. I find it hard to catogorize my own music, and I think it's wrong aswell.
And to be fair I make several genres depending on what I feel like doing.

You are welcomed to check my SC if you want.

------------------

-Dwight Schrute.
Old 28-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #32
Aniol
Soundscaper
Huntington Beach

Ohh okay yea those are some pretty good artists. I like mostly Progressive trance, Progressive house, Melodic dubstep. and Ambient Music. Ill check it out man fersure lol. Yea i think he knows how to make a big hit definitely.
Old 20-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #33
Maxikahe
Knob Twiddler
Maxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to all
Your basement
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Avicii made his sounds with nexus. He didnt just go into presets and have them already made lol. He probably deverged from the presets but thats it. Also it dosnt matter if you want a group or not. You can have a team if you want its just personal preference. There is no set of rules for music or making music. Look at swedish house mafia, the chain smokers, Zeds dead. They all make music and have groups.
hahahha Layering nexus presets + adding some reverb and delay = own unique sound

Are you fucking stupid?
Maxikahe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #34
Barry Acid
Eternal Echoer
Barry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MC
Dublin
MC Status: 77072

some right wankers in this thread

------------------
Try only to surpass your own previous accomplishments instead of beating others
Barry Acid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #35
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357173

Avicii...ive heard this before....isn't very good music. look at some of the people posting in this thread's music..im pretty sure most of them are as good or better..

this might be the best music ever ...if you've got a very limited perception of music as a whole.

I mean..the simple 4-4 progressions and trance chords.....you've got to realize this type of sound completely played-out by 2002-03. PLUR candy raver music..if you or avicii knew anything about electronic music you'd know this..

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #36
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199648418
Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,204 Posts

Oh my...

He even said in that video just before the 41 min mark that he doesn't layer. To quote...

"I just don't have the engineering skills to do any of that."

Then he pulled up what appeared on my phone to be Albino and cycle through about 30 presets in 10 seconds before chucking one in. Didn't even play with it at all.

"Something like that" he then said.

I had no idea the gravity of the situation.

Shame...shame on him.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #37
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262786029
Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,770 Posts

how do i notes

when do key?
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #38
mister_crow
Soundwave Mangler
mister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond repute
A tree in Verulamium
MC Status: 2210

Good to see FMB earning his bastard tag...

I reserve a particular derision for Avichi, mainly because he was (well seemed to me) instrumental in re-popularising music from at least 10 years ago, with sounds well enough explored that they made it into preset banks. At least his peers often add a half time bridge or something because dubstep is cool at the moment.

OP: I like the idea of setting up loose musical collectives, I don't think musicians should isolate themselves. That said, if someone's incapable of working alone, they have a problem! I'm not sure I have the heart to try and pump out four to the floor commercial music, or indeed the skills to make it good, but I would be interested in doing bits of sound design work and soundscaping if that interests you?

Edit:
Btw, Aniol, listen to the track in Mindsweeper's sig (no real reason, just an example.) What makes you think they couldn't make something on a level (aha) with Avichi, especially with the help of a mix engineer and masterer? As far as I can see, all they would need to do is make a boring, uninspired choice at every crossroads.

Last edited by mister_crow; 28-10-2013 at 12:38 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Learn! About the lizard men controlling our lives! Hear! Some music I made! See! A waveform steadily becoming a slightly different grey! Coming to a forum post near you soon.
https://soundcloud.com/mister_crow/entities-wip
http://mistercrow.bandcamp.com/album/to-ep
mister_crow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote