Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol 2 out Oct. 5th!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752900
Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol 2 out Oct. 5th!

Maschine MK3:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Komplete Kontrol 2:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Man, I am so tempted. These look so fun to play with. Thoughts?

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:40 PM   #2
jackastro
Granular Poster
jackastro is a splendid one to beholdjackastro is a splendid one to beholdjackastro is a splendid one to beholdjackastro is a splendid one to beholdjackastro is a splendid one to beholdjackastro is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660
Re: Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol 2 out Oct. 5th!

Well, I am probably gonna get the Maschine MK3. I like the big screens in the small form factor. I wish the buttons didn't look so much like Push.
jackastro is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #3
localspace
Minor Glitch
localspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Yeah cool stuff.. I'm not in a rush to upgrade from my MKI though.. pretty much does everything I need to.

I'm not that impressed with the Komplete Kontrol though. The old version looks much nicer to me. This seems bulky and still really focused around that browser which I hate (hate it in Maschine too). Also not sure what the new killer feature on this is supposed to be. The best thing about it is that I might be able to snag up an old model for cheap now
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #4
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 51860
Thanked 1,037 Times in 764 Posts

I'm unsure about the Maschine upgrade. The 3D Rotary encoder looks like it's really useful and the control strip could come in hand for live use. Much would depend on the pads and whether they indeed are such an upgrade as claimed. The Kontrol upgrade seems much more interesting, as the workflow now looks much close to that in Maschine. Not sure that's a big selling point if you already use Maschine controllers with an add on Kontrol keyboard.

I'll wait until more is known about the Maschine MK3 pads.

The one feature I would like to see is being able to draw linear or curved automation curves manually and the ability to handle audio tracks. That would make Maschine a full fledged DAW. I'd ditch Logic in a heartbeat.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1836977

Ive got a sneaky feeling we are going to see Maschine 3 software soon...no?
Really hoping for something special on the sequencing side.
The new hardware looks great and the larger pads which appear to be improved are very appealing. Built in soundcard, headphone sockets, direct audio in. Winner!

------------------
MFXxx is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
jbvdb493 (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #6
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25860

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Ive got a sneaky feeling we are going to see Maschine 3 software soon...no?
Really hoping for something special on the sequencing side.
The new hardware looks great and the larger pads which appear to be improved are very appealing. Built in soundcard, headphone sockets, direct audio in. Winner!
I agree, the whole thing looks killer.
But as always we will need to see real world reviews. That said it's a well established system so they can screw it up too badly can they?

Advertisements

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote