[Future DnB] Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime future DnB remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 6710
Icon14 [Future DnB] Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime future DnB remix)

Hi people, it's been a while since I posted a track up on here but here's one I've been working on over the last 10 days or so for a competition to remix Powercyan - Disciples of the Night.

It's a lot more commercial than what I'd usually do but it works in tune with the original quite well, influenced from synthwave and now sped up and turned into a drum and bass track.

Last edited by A.M; 06-09-2017 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: fixed title

Advertisements

------------------
Newest Track: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime 'Future DnB Remix')

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Future DnB] Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime future DnB remix).
Old 06-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387249
Thanked 5,065 Times in 3,303 Posts
Re: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime future DnB remix)

Muhahahahaha(TM)

I remember him posting the original. Heaps of fun. This now has a nice Pendulum-with-extra-cheese-on-top-turned-up-to-11 vibe.

Kept the feel of the original but nicely worked into a new style. Good work

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:10 PM   #3
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
Re: [Future DnB] Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime future DnB remix)

Cheers for listening Roo,

It's gotta be the most commercial of DnB tracks I've worked on so far, but it works in favour of the whole synthwave thing. I'll more than likely be returning back to more serious vibes after thing haha.

------------------
Newest Track: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime 'Future DnB Remix')

Old 06-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13020926
Re: [Future DnB] Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime future DnB remix)

very nice!
aeoR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:52 AM   #5
Tzarar
Minor Glitch
Tzarar is a jewel in the roughTzarar is a jewel in the roughTzarar is a jewel in the roughTzarar is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Very pendulum! Earlier 2000's vibe.

Nice production.
Tzarar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #6
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Greater Manchester

Quite a few people have referred to the likeness of it sounding very Pendulum.

------------------

Old 09-09-2017, 05:29 AM   #7
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13020926

only thing it seems like the guitar solo timing is off
aeoR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #8
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Greater Manchester

Ironically, this was one thing that I was worried you might be perceptive to which I don't really notice as I didn't connect it to the original piece having not really subject myself too much to the original. I personally don't notice, but I know as you made the original, you'll be a lot more sensitive to it and how it should fit.

------------------

Old 02-10-2017, 08:25 PM   #9
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Greater Manchester

Just an update. Managed to come 4th (part of the winners) in the remix competition so very pleased with that on the whole.

Enjoyed working on this one.

------------------

Old 03-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #10
Brokarucci
Regular Freak
Brokarucci is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Nice artwork and the track itself. I like the positive mood it creates. And guitar solos are dope too!

Advertisements

Brokarucci is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote