Artist promotion on Spotify
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 20-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #1
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269462258
Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,844 Posts
Artist promotion on Spotify

Has any of you successfully managed to be featured on a Spotify playlist?
If so, how?

Alternatively, do you have any tips or services you used first hand to increase the number of plays on one of your tracks?

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #2
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
MC Status: 2060
Re: Artist promotion on Spotify

I can't say first hand but I have been researching this for a while. From what I can gather, in terms of getting a track in a popular curators playlist seems tough. You need more accessibility on Spotify which means being a recommended artist. That algorithm will only throw you into the mix when enough traffic listening to similar artists then clicks on you. Really, you need to be in contact with the popular curator. I read somewhere that some labels and artist have been paying for a feature too.

When I have a full album ready for how ever many potential listeners I may have out there, I will be using Spotify as "HQ". Meaning, any Reddit posts about ANYTHING to do with my music will then be linked to Spotify. Same goes with any other forum. I guess, if you spread yourself too thin across the online spectrum then a single source like Spotify will take a hit as your potential listeners are going elsewhere for the music.
Deadly Rhythm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 12:20 AM   #3
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903359
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,108 Posts

I still haven't figured out how to link my account to my tracks. I loll'ed when I realised just recently that I am on Spotify
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 03:36 AM   #4
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Alternatively, do you have any tips or services you used first hand to increase the number of plays on one of your tracks?
I have not yet. My one attempt has been a wipeout remix competition that wrapped up last weekend. The winner gets their song added to the game and the spotify playlist of the soundtrack There was a thread about it on here, not terribly active, but I explained what I did over there. I'll know in the next few weeks how that pans out.

Anyways, my tactic would be (and I am starting to do this) to find and get yourself in as many competitions as you can where the prize includes being added to some spotify playlist, just to get your foot in the proverbial door. Once you're there and can generate some traffic, you could go from there.

My guess would be to look around for remix competitions when a song goes viral or a major artists drops a new single/album. I haven't even had to use google yet to keep myself busy just between IDMf projects and a few non IDMf things I've found looking around on here.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
Jaded (21-08-2017)
Old 23-08-2017, 02:12 AM   #5
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21060

https://metapop.com/competitions?p=1

Not to dilute anything IDMf does, but it seems if you're ever in the mood to try your hand at EDM fame, this would be a solid place to start at any time. Looks like they have deadlines every few weeks. Lots of label releases as prizes, which I assume would include spotify. And running themes judging by the artwork, so you'd have time to get your head in the right space to make a real winner.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
https://metapop.com/competitions?p=1

Not to dilute anything IDMf does, but it seems if you're ever in the mood to try your hand at EDM fame, this would be a solid place to start at any time. Looks like they have deadlines every few weeks. Lots of label releases as prizes, which I assume would include spotify. And running themes judging by the artwork, so you'd have time to get your head in the right space to make a real winner.
yes it does, I was the runner-up in one of these competitions and a spotify release is part of that deal :-).
Also its fun to do if you like playing with samples + interesting to see what other producers do with the original track!
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #7
PrimeSuspect
Minor Glitch
PrimeSuspect has a spectacular aura aboutPrimeSuspect has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

No, Spotify it like a railway carriage, it follows the train only. This is not an independent platform, as the soundcloud, and I still do not understand due to what it became so popular.

Advertisements

PrimeSuspect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote