Linux MIDI effects.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 15-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8310
Linux MIDI effects.

I want to move over to Linux, and Bitwig seems the closest to what I need. The problem is I couldn't live without the MIDI effects in Live. I know Bitwig has its own MIDI effects, but they don't look to do what I need them to. So, the question is, any one know any free MIDI plugins that I can use in their place? Especially the velocity one, using that as a MIDI gate is important.

Advertisements

------------------
Try a lowpassed square wave, moron.

Also, buy my God damn music, please.
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 06:43 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029791
Thanked 7,247 Times in 4,504 Posts
Re: Linux MIDI effects.

What is it that you need to do specifically BP?

Have you seen this effect?
Sounds like it could be quite powerful/useful?

Quote:
This modulator allows you to modulate any parameter using MIDI CC, Pitch Bend or Aftertouch data from an external source.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 09:26 PM   #3
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute

It's really difficult to explain, so here's a patch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The first Velocity makes the velocity of the input completely random, and the second one only lets through the notes which are between certain velocities, set by the range. It's kind of an abuse of the function.

------------------

Old 20-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 39510

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if you're using Live, good luck finding a replacement for even half of the shit it does.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO

Bollocks. I can do it in PD, but it's become so handy just doing it in the DAW. I guess it's time to learn how to fuckin' program my own effects and such, huh?

Advertisements

------------------