[Hip-hop/Psytrance] Khouroux - The Hatter
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
Khouroux
Granular Poster
Khouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to all
MC Status: 610
[Hip-hop/Psytrance] Khouroux - The Hatter

Hello ! I made this a few days ago, and before making a final version (with a more decent mix, and maybe another structure), I wanted to know what you think about that. It will probably be part of my first EP, in which I want to mix hip-hop, trance, and dubstep (I didn't emphasize too much the dubstep part here, because I don't like this wobble, maybe I will change it).

There are one remark that people around me made about some of my tracks and I wanted to know if you agree with them : Do the changes between the genre are too brutal ?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 08-08-2017 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: Deleted dead player link / OP informed

Advertisements

Khouroux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Hip-hop/Psytrance] Khouroux - The Hatter.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387249
Thanked 5,065 Times in 3,303 Posts
Re: [Hip-hop/Psytrance] Khouroux - The Hatter

That bassline progression is ace. I didn't particularly like the sounds of most of the other components over it. But the off kilter nature of the chord progression given by the bassline is awesome.

Mixing needs heaps of work. The sustained bass sound that comes in drowns out everything else though itself is a good part. Then the blippy bassline that comes in later seems to have be overly loud compared to the other stuff around it.

I agree with worshipping the bass, the bass, its all about the bass but this needs reigned in a little.

That said, loved what the various basslines were doing. Good choice of what to make the music do is the right way to start. The rest can come later. Look forward to hearing more

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
Khouroux
Granular Poster
Khouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to allKhouroux is a name known to all

Thank you for your advices !
I will rework on this, and upload some other soon ^^
(I just came back to my home after a long trip of two weeks without internet or my computer)

------------------
https://soundcloud.com/khouroux/eternity

(the soundclown player doesn't work with my track, even if I use the Track ID, fuck it)
Old 30-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
localspace
Minor Glitch
localspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Stercogburn View Post
That bassline progression is ace. I didn't particularly like the sounds of most of the other components over it. But the off kilter nature of the chord progression given by the bassline is awesome.

Mixing needs heaps of work. The sustained bass sound that comes in drowns out everything else though itself is a good part. Then the blippy bassline that comes in later seems to have be overly loud compared to the other stuff around it.

I agree with worshipping the bass, the bass, its all about the bass but this needs reigned in a little.

That said, loved what the various basslines were doing. Good choice of what to make the music do is the right way to start. The rest can come later. Look forward to hearing more
Pretty much my thoughts too. I might add that although the basslines come out a bit too strong compared to the rest, they also lack a real low-end.. they can go much deeper!
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #5
starphase
Minor Glitch
starphase has a spectacular aura aboutstarphase has a spectacular aura about
Palo, Leyte
MC Status: 160

The bass is so meaty that I could savor it, while the kick drum goes along in keeping its rhythm. The switching of genres actually isn't 'brutal' in a sense that it's distracting or takes away the mood. I'd say you did a good job changing the genres within the truck without muddying the rhythm up. They're pretty easy to follow while still keeping things interesting.
starphase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #6
Khouroux
Granular Poster

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

New version ! I change the mix and the structure a little bit, and I had vocals from the french version of Alice in Wonderland ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
if you want to see the original scene in french).
I hope you will enjoy this !

(Edit : I make a video for the music, so I posted it in place of the soundcloud link. How can I add the video instead of this link ? There is no youtube player ?)

Last edited by Khouroux; 03-09-2017 at 06:04 PM..

------------------

(the soundclown player doesn't work with my track, even if I use the Track ID, fuck it)
Old 03-09-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
Aster and Ivy
Regular Freak
Aster and Ivy is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

The bass line was really good in the beginning, but I am not sure how to feel about all of the other layers. Sometimes simplicity is your friend. It just feels like the timing is off on some of the other instrumentation. The idea is good, but I think this is only going to be fixed with more experience. Just work on it and try to make some changes until is sounds more cohesive. Also, it kind of fell flat for me around the 2:10 part when it was just the fast bass. Sounded like SNES farts. Keep at it though.
Aster and Ivy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #8
Khouroux
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aster and Ivy View Post
The bass line was really good in the beginning, but I am not sure how to feel about all of the other layers. Sometimes simplicity is your friend. It just feels like the timing is off on some of the other instrumentation. The idea is good, but I think this is only going to be fixed with more experience. Just work on it and try to make some changes until is sounds more cohesive. Also, it kind of fell flat for me around the 2:10 part when it was just the fast bass. Sounded like SNES farts. Keep at it though.
It's Psy Trance dude ^^ Psi bass always sound like that

------------------

Old 04-09-2017, 02:26 AM   #9
Aster and Ivy
Regular Freak
Aster and Ivy is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khouroux View Post
It's Psy Trance dude ^^ Psi bass always sound like that
Did you want feedback or me to say how good you are? Just take it and go, it's music. It wasn't bad, it has potential you just have to make some changes
Aster and Ivy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #10
Khouroux
Granular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aster and Ivy View Post
Did you want feedback or me to say how good you are? Just take it and go, it's music. It wasn't bad, it has potential you just have to make some changes
Hey, calm down ^^ Your critic of my music is intersting, I just wanted to clarify that for the critic on my bass, it's a classical psi bass, but thank you for your feedback

Advertisements

------------------