shitty dj's
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:00 AM   #1
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2760
shitty dj's

use the goddamn pitch control... and learn how to double drop by setting up your transitions for long blending. once you get this set up you got time to play with effects and all that shit. i hate going out and paying a cover charge and 15$ a long island only to hear someone play shitty music and not even beatmatch it like a boss.

that is all.

Advertisements

------------------
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744023241
Thanked 7,116 Times in 4,433 Posts
Re: shitty dj's

double drop
that expression meant something else in my day.
The youth are so lame.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #3
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 34560

Since you're much better than them, you might have a career option in the making. Maybe you'll get to charge $20 like a boss.

------------------
Vault O))) is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #4
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
double drop
that expression meant something else in my day.
The youth are so lame.
lsd ??? and im middle aged by now... getting to 40 soon... eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Since you're much better than them, you might have a career option in the making. Maybe you'll get to charge $20 like a boss.

we all make mistakes and art isnt perfect, its just there are somethings that can make a dj's performance sound better, and rarely do i see them do it... its always obsessive flicking of faders and over turning of the effects, its the act of being the dj that people want more... than blending two tracks together so smoothly one cannot hear a song was transitioned. i used to scout for a production crew back in the day. i used to write articles for raves and travel around doing community related stuff online and in real life relating...

my only real gripe is dj's not learning to master that damn pitch control... its the basics.

i get it though, i struggled for five year, till i found this ellaskins guy on youtube and watched his how to mix properly tutorials... they were technical and well advised and taught me a lot, i progressed very rapidly there after and can match records within a few moments, i can mix vinyls that are not my own... because i understand the grooves and can READ the record... most djs dont do this, i am old school, i just wish to see the art more often. its a manual craft like tig welding... walking the cup... as a pipe welder and fabricator, dj... i can attest to the hands on memory skill. i went out the other weekend and heard a few djs, some good some need a lot of practice. i just want to help.

i have collected this saying, true perfection seems imperfect but is perfectly itself. meaning perfection or beauty lies in the eyes/ears of the beholder. lol... i can hear a trainwreck a mile away. and i can hear the pitch wind up and down when a dj corrects it on the platter or spindle... facepalming

Last edited by Lotus_Jewel; 02-08-2017 at 05:01 PM..

------------------
Thanks to Lotus_Jewel
Vault O))) (03-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 18210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_Jewel View Post
lsd ???
no pills, we used to munch them like they were love hearts.

Last edited by joem; 02-08-2017 at 05:03 PM..
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
Lotus_Jewel (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #6
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
no pills, we used to munch them like they were love hearts.
thats the best way to do it imho.... chew em up. lol candy makes you dandy!!!

------------------
Old 02-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529880
Thanked 6,779 Times in 4,831 Posts

Double drop has been a DJ term as well as a drug term as long as I've been going to raves. As others have stated, the drug one usually refers to necking two Es at the same time.

@Lotus_Jewel I don't disagree that it really sucks to drop the dough on a night out and have a DJ f'ing shit up. I mean...even if you are only there to get high and dance a bad DJ can ruin that easily enough. And let us be honest--how hard is it to mix house and techno with modern software? Not at all really. If you can't sort out how to beat match and blend 4x4 dance music in Traktor you best high tale it back to your bedroom.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
localspace
Minor Glitch
localspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Double drop has been a DJ term as well as a drug term as long as I've been going to raves. As others have stated, the drug one usually refers to necking two Es at the same time.

@Lotus_Jewel I don't disagree that it really sucks to drop the dough on a night out and have a DJ f'ing shit up. I mean...even if you are only there to get high and dance a bad DJ can ruin that easily enough. And let us be honest--how hard is it to mix house and techno with modern software? Not at all really. If you can't sort out how to beat match and blend 4x4 dance music in Traktor you best high tale it back to your bedroom.
Yup.. if I can work with virtual DJ, everyone can.
It's not the DJ's fault that he's bad though.. it's the club's for booking shit DJ's like that, or simply not giving a shit because they know plenty of trendies will show up and pay the cover charge anyhow. It's up to us (the discerning groove connaisseur) to show the trendies where to go by not clubbing there. Noblesse oblige :notafinga:

Advertisements

localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote