Playstation Wipeout Soundtrack Competition
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 16-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837127
Playstation Wipeout Soundtrack Competition

Hopefully this is the best sub forum to post in (wasnt too sure where it fits tbh).

https://www.playstation.com/en-nz/ga...4/competition/

Not long left. Came onto my radar a few days back thought some members may be interested.

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 01:15 AM   #2
HypnoticImplant
Analog Lurker
HypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660
Re: Playstation Wipeout Soundtrack Competition

It's still a couple of weeks, a remix can be done in a day or two. I am seriously considering taking a part in this contest, even if it's just for kicks. What's the key on that thing, though?

------------------
HypnoticImplant is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 05:25 AM   #3
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21060

Neato, I may also take a shot at it. Forget fame and fortune, a PS4 pro would be bitchin'!

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California

I used newtone to figure out the notes of the lead, then edited the piano roll to sync it with the actual lead. This is what I came up with for the melody / key. I took a capture of the piano roll, should be legible. That should let us do a fair bit, it's pretty simple/open to interpretation as far as chords or basses might go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9rci87lfiu9a15/lead.PNG?dl=0

------------------

Old 08-08-2017, 03:19 AM   #5
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
California

Just had to come back here to find the email, I'm submitting my track. I'll tell about it now and show a little later as I haven't been able to see the terms and conditions of subs yet.

I stuck with the unedited FX and the pluck stem to keep the original rhythm and structure, as I feel the devs enjoyed that about the original track and would want that in the game. I added 808 drums and a hard-ducking, rhythmic sub for all the drops. I replaced the lead with something very similar done in Dune2 (though I feel I did it a bit better ) so that I could keep the upper lead line from C tuned properly to perform the same line in G. I did a plucky square FM bass for the bassline. The track grows over time, first drop doesn't get a snare outside of the FX track and a snare I added to complement that, and has a slower bassline. That falls into a short 2 chord prog that even loses the drums for a few seconds, comes into the second drop with a snare and hihats the whole time, faster bassline. Second rest is a full four chord progression with a constant kick (under the original stems) that opens up filter as part of the riser, nice filter ducking gives a bit of a phaser feel here as well, but it's all in rhythm. Last drop gets a slightly more complex (ie faster) hat part with the full snare and same bass and lead from earlier. The song ends a little fast for my taste, but I really wanted to stick to the original's structure, so I just use the FX and pluck stem, with whatever the reverb tails were from my instruments as the end. Fairly similar in tone to the original with a beefier sub (coming off the bass album here!) and older style drums, bit faster feel and more consistent rhythm in the lead and bass parts.

Anyone else going to be doing this? There's still five days. This was a quick, fun remix that will make a nice release even if I have to give it a quick re-work without the original stems or something.

------------------

Old 10-09-2017, 07:55 AM   #6
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
California

Today was the deadline for them to contact me if I won, so I guess I didn't cut it. Like I said, still a nice release, especially with all the OT I'm doing in work right now. Nice to have a back catalogue to keep finished songs coming every few weeks.

------------------

Old 10-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837127

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post

Today was the deadline for them to contact me if I won, so I guess I didn't cut it. Like I said, still a nice release, especially with all the OT I'm doing in work right now. Nice to have a back catalogue to keep finished songs coming every few weeks.
Nice work. I know this is no reflection of you, but as soon as I heard the main rift I could get Joe Dolce out of my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJLEXgkddPQ

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
White Noise (13-09-2017)