Best way to showcase your music on your web site?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #1
Wave Dweller
Analog Lurker
Wave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MC
Wave Dweller's Avatar
Posts: 85
MC Status: 1247284
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Best way to showcase your music on your web site?

Hi all,

I'm struggling to work out the best way of showcasing my music on my web site....... Soundcloud is a popular platform, but on mobile there is an annoying window that gives the viewer an option to "Play on Soundcloud" or "Listen in browser". This doesn't bother me, but I feel this may waste crucial seconds of the attention of a potential listener. They want to listen straight away with as few clicks as possible. I also have the option of Bandcamp which is very clean, and also Wix Music (my web site is created in Wix - pro account to remove all ads!).

I would love to hear what fellow producers use on their sites, what works for you? I would love to see examples of good clean web sites where it is easy to navigate and listen to your music.

I really do not want to spam my web site, but for the purposes of this thread I need to know what works / doesn't work about my web site, from you my fellow professionals. Thanks!

www.WaveDwellerMusic.com

Advertisements


------------------
Wave Dweller is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Wave Dweller
Lotus_Jewel (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,101
MC Status: 8538530
Thanks: 10,578
Thanked 6,952 Times in 4,946 Posts
Re: Best way to showcase your music on your web site?

Generally speaking I feel like BandCamp is honestly a good looking, functional, low-effort on the part of the artist, free option that you can grow into. As much as I like artist webistes and people seem to still make them

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Lotus_Jewel (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Lotus_Jewel's Avatar
Earth
Posts: 141
MC Status: 2810
Thanks: 335
Thanked 56 Times in 46 Posts
Re: Best way to showcase your music on your web site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Dweller View Post
Hi all,

I'm struggling to work out the best way of showcasing my music on my web site....... Soundcloud is a popular platform, but on mobile there is an annoying window that gives the viewer an option to "Play on Soundcloud" or "Listen in browser". This doesn't bother me, but I feel this may waste crucial seconds of the attention of a potential listener. They want to listen straight away with as few clicks as possible. I also have the option of Bandcamp which is very clean, and also Wix Music (my web site is created in Wix - pro account to remove all ads!).

I would love to hear what fellow producers use on their sites, what works for you? I would love to see examples of good clean web sites where it is easy to navigate and listen to your music.

I really do not want to spam my web site, but for the purposes of this thread I need to know what works / doesn't work about my web site, from you my fellow professionals. Thanks!

www.WaveDwellerMusic.com
Its a very nice looking website, if I may. I may not have much to contribute here but first thing that popped into my mind before I read your post, was video... video to go with your music... but then read on specifically what you are looking for. then I checked your site, and thought well shit, idk what the hell you are asking for, it looks pretty bad ass to me!

other than maybe, if you can have smaller blocks, in the soulndcloud part near the lower part of your website, and more songs stacked there... so like have the one premier song with hte graphic art, some comments, or variations like you do, but below that, a few more examples of your work.

This will let me stay on one page, and have more access to your product without me having to navigate anywhere. I know this sounds lazy but intuition isnt for lazy people, its for people who want to do things better, faster, smarter, different, etc. hope I made sense in this post. it happens often i dont. lol
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:17 AM   #4
mnw
Minor Glitch
mnw is just really nicemnw is just really nicemnw is just really nicemnw is just really nicemnw is just really nice
Posts: 39
MC Status: 410
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Re: Best way to showcase your music on your web site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_Jewel View Post
Its a very nice looking website, if I may. I may not have much to contribute here but first thing that popped into my mind before I read your post, was video... video to go with your music... but then read on specifically what you are looking for. then I checked your site, and thought well shit, idk what the hell you are asking for, it looks pretty bad ass to me!

other than maybe, if you can have smaller blocks, in the soulndcloud part near the lower part of your website, and more songs stacked there... so like have the one premier song with hte graphic art, some comments, or variations like you do, but below that, a few more examples of your work.

This will let me stay on one page, and have more access to your product without me having to navigate anywhere. I know this sounds lazy but intuition isnt for lazy people, its for people who want to do things better, faster, smarter, different, etc. hope I made sense in this post. it happens often i dont. lol
I feel like the way to go is Soundcloud because 1. it's easy to use and 2. many people are willing to go to your Soundcloud and listen to stuff.

Also want to point out that your website is pretty baller man, looks great :-)
mnw is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnw
Lotus_Jewel (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #5
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Mario D's Avatar
Croatia
Posts: 296
MC Status: 2960
Thanks: 25
Thanked 59 Times in 46 Posts
Re: Best way to showcase your music on your web site?

Website looks great, I dont think you need to change anything.
Listening other people tracks and reposting them on soundcloud gets you more listeners followers.

Want more clicks on website? Maybe write a blog weekly about mixing and mastering techniques, music production in general etc, I would stop by for sure.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mario D
Lotus_Jewel (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 08:26 AM   #6
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Lotus_Jewel's Avatar
Earth
Posts: 141
MC Status: 2810
Thanks: 335
Thanked 56 Times in 46 Posts
Re: Best way to showcase your music on your web site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Website looks great, I dont think you need to change anything.
Listening other people tracks and reposting them on soundcloud gets you more listeners followers.

Want more clicks on website? Maybe write a blog weekly about mixing and mastering techniques, music production in general etc, I would stop by for sure.
something else could be a live stream in your studio, once a week for an hour or two... and broadcast on youtube or something, provide the link on your page...

Sound cloud is pretty rad, maybe adding a webchat or a chat room on your page, and provide the stream to your page, so people can have a place to go to talk and listen and watch... you practice your art. just a thought.
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #7
Wave Dweller
Analog Lurker
Wave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MCWave Dweller is a savage MC
Wave Dweller's Avatar
Posts: 85
MC Status: 1247284
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Best way to showcase your music on your web site?

Wow....... thanks to all for your supportive responses, I appreciate that a lot! I'm a graphic designer full time so that comes in handy for banners, buttons, etc....... really happy to hear that people enjoy the site.

I will be taking all ideas on board and making those changes accordingly! Thanks again all, have a great weekend

Advertisements


------------------
Wave Dweller is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The way I come off when rating music to people on site. Matthew Grandi Introduce Yourself 4 14-07-2014 11:58 AM
New site for publishing & selling your music crackmontage IDMf Classifieds 1 03-09-2013 05:33 PM
IOS Music App site lonewolf The Studio 2 18-08-2012 08:12 AM
Online Music Showcase? 5teez The Studio 4 28-05-2012 08:13 PM
Join the New Social Networking site for Music Artists and Music Lovers vinodanand Music Scene Chat 3 25-05-2012 05:52 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.