Body Gestural Control of MIDI / DAW (by Imogen Heap)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 28-01-2017, 02:05 AM   #1
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts
Icon3 Body Gestural Control of MIDI / DAW (by Imogen Heap)

This is exciting...

Controlling music with your body...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci-yB6EgVW4

Advertisements

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Nystagmus
A.M (28-01-2017)
Old 28-01-2017, 02:17 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171960
Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,566 Posts
Re: Body Gestural Control of MIDI / DAW (by Imogen Heap)

Nothing new with that really..it's been done before over the years. Still, it's interesting to watch and I bet when she brings it to market..and she WILL..it will cost a fair bit.

Personally, I guess if you're into using something like that, then cool..more power to you..but me, it all just seems a bit gimmicky to me..give me the keys and faders any day.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 02:55 AM   #3
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts

@A.M. ,

yeah, I agree, I'd rather have faders and keyboards, but she's a vocalistic performer and her backing tracks are so labour intensive that she probably likes the freshness and freedom of gestures. I'm not likely to be into the gloves, but I do believe that they probably are making some of the parts or firmware open source. She likes collaborations and is heavily involved in mass collaboration types of stuff. But you could be right though.

I would love to see a full documentary of how she makes her normal, non-gesture tracks though.
She's supposed to be going on a world tour later this year.

p.s. - one of my favs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-r1va5cTZY

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Nystagmus
A.M (29-01-2017)
Old 28-01-2017, 03:32 AM   #4
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897

I don't have any problem with gimmicks, but it doesn't look too practical, at least for me.

Performing speedcore shows with it would be some nice fitness tho.

or just fucking stupid.

Advertisements

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote