Wow Buzz is actually pretty awesome
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Daed
Savage Mad Cunt
Daed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MC
Katy TX
MC Status: 390144
Wow Buzz is actually pretty awesome

I'm messing with it in my Windows system on my laptop....probably going to try once more to get it running in WINE efficiently....some of the machines are fucking killer:
Have you guys seen this thing?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

In any case: I was wondering if any of you buzz heads could list your favorite machines...I'm very new to playing with this, but figured it could be extremely useful for sound design.

Advertisements

------------------
LISTEN TO THIS, YOU CUNT
---------------- New album on MOZYK Soundcloud ---------------
Daed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Anutesyn
Anutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MC
MC Status: 34493
Re: Wow Buzz is actually pretty awesome

Yah, the folks over at the Renoise community keep talking about Blok as a compliment for Renoise lack of modulation. Buzz is indeed awesome, but it's Windows only... sucks.
Anutesyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Daed
Savage Mad Cunt
Daed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MC
Katy TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anutesyn View Post
Yah, the folks over at the Renoise community keep talking about Blok as a compliment for Renoise lack of modulation. Buzz is indeed awesome, but it's Windows only... sucks.
I've gotten early builds of the beta running very nicely in WINE....that damn .NET dependency is a pain in the arse, though.

I will likely give installing it in WINE another good shot...because I'm loving buzz just for sound design stuff, but not really liking messing with Windows.

------------------
LISTEN TO THIS, YOU CUNT
Old 04-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387298
Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,735 Posts

Blok is really neat. It's also free, inside Buzz, which is also free. Modular in a modular program. Crazy!

Some useful machines from the top of my head:

FSM Philthy (great filter)
Joachim Tethys (another filter. LPF and HPF)
Rymix Stereobox Pro (chorus, delay and allaround FSUer)
DT blockFX (lovely FFT machine)
Fuzzpilz Lepidopterist (glitcher, buffer repeater)
LD Grain (awesome granular synth)

ah, there are so many. I actually uploaded all my machines and effects for Frazdog to download a few days ago (since he also just got into it. He needed to get a jumpstart). So I figure you can download the zip I made for him. Just put the generators in the gear/generators subfolder, and the effects in the gear/effects subfolder. There are some cool beta synths/effects in there that I have found over the years of use/abuse of Buzz:
(200mb worth of synths + effects + some of my presets to many machines)

< my index file. This one decides the look of the righclick-menu in machine view. "Save as.." and put it in the Gear subfolder where you keep Buzz (rename your old index if you don't want to overwrite it with mine).

enjoy!

Last edited by Evelon; 04-15-2010 at 03:05 PM..

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Daed
Savage Mad Cunt
Katy TX

Awesome, Thanks! Totally rep'd.

Yeah, I keep meaning to play with buzz proper....messed with Aldrin in Linux and loved playing with it, but it was buggy, and there weren't enough machines for it....plus the interface seemed a bit clunky.

Hopefully I can get this working with WINE....

------------------
LISTEN TO THIS, YOU CUNT
Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
spoiler
Regular Freak
spoiler is on a distinguished road
Bucharest
MC Status: 10

yeah, great software but very buggy, I used it 10 years ago but not anymore.If buzz 2 will come out I will use it again.
spoiler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
S-N-S
Soundwave Mangler
S-N-S has a spectacular aura aboutS-N-S has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 198

just tried installing the beta but get a message about it needing NET.4.0??

------------------
http://soundcloud.com/eroticore-stench

destroying music with:
Studio one pro,Renoise ,sensomusic usine 5,7 pro
S-N-S is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
yeah, great software but very buggy, I used it 10 years ago but not anymore.If buzz 2 will come out I will use it again.
Hate to break it, but "Buzz2 beta" is already out. Install [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and then the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
over the old, and you are good to go. All bugs gone (well, almost..at least the old ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-N-S View Post
just tried installing the beta but get a message about it needing NET.4.0??
Yes. You need [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for the graphics to work (I believe. I'm not a coder). Install takes a while, but you only do it once.

------------------
Old 04-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #9
Grids/Units/Planes
IDMf Artist
Grids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MC
Brisbane
MC Status: 11174

Whitenoise stereodistortion
peer state
rIDMa- buffer machine
funkyverb - excellent reverb
unwieldy delay - versatile delay module
polac vsti

------------------
Grids/Units/Planes is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:05 AM   #10
Grids/Units/Planes
IDMf Artist
Grids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MCGrids/Units/Planes is a savage MC
Brisbane
MC Status: 11174

Also live jump hack is great for live looping

------------------
Grids/Units/Planes is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:25 AM   #11
Evelon

Oh, I've forgotten to mention the workhorse Utracker (unwieldy Tracker) which is an awesome sampler (generator folder) with lots of built-in effect commands. It beats Matilde Tracker, for me anyways.

For some strange reason it's not on the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
DJ Saint-Hubert
Regular Freak
DJ Saint-Hubert will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I'm using BLOK almost exclusively now (as far as for instruments) and if they added 1) a sampler 2) a sampler 3) an 'effect' version where there's an audio in and audio out I would die/orgasm/etc. There is some great stuff you can do with pitchbending/can do very subtle detuning with a certain trick

oh also the keytracker window needs to be bigger/easier to see/make finer adjustments like with the mouse wheel. Again with the detuning knob daisychained to keytracker you could make all sorts of made-up scales at least kind of sort of? (I failed music theory)

also more ways to do distortion
DJ Saint-Hubert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8348

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Saint-Hubert View Post
I'm using BLOK almost exclusively now (as far as for instruments) and if they added 1) a sampler 2) a sampler 3) an 'effect' version where there's an audio in and audio out I would die/orgasm/etc. There is some great stuff you can do with pitchbending/can do very subtle detuning with a certain trick

oh also the keytracker window needs to be bigger/easier to see/make finer adjustments like with the mouse wheel. Again with the detuning knob daisychained to keytracker you could make all sorts of made-up scales at least kind of sort of? (I failed music theory)

also more ways to do distortion
lol i'll stick with the exercize bike. too much analyzation. It'd take more planning than it would exercizing after a while.
jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
VIVIsect
VIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud of
Novi Sad
MC Status: 1215

Does buzz have a good FM machine? Opl2/3 ?
VIVIsect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
Evelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVIsect View Post
Does buzz have a good FM machine? Opl2/3 ?
Yes. Here are a few. Some are delicious, some are so-so...imo that is. The top one (MadBrain 4fm2f) is quite good:

2005-08-17 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(241)
Synthesis - Frequency Modulation 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2004-12-06 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(215)
FM / Div4 Synth 1.6 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2004-11-23 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(191)
FM/Div4 Synth 1.48 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2004-10-29 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(189)
FM / DI4 Synth 1.44 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2004-05-09 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(236)
Bassline 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2004-05-09 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(206)
Modulator 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2003-12-17 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(179)
Scratcher 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2003-07-25 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(197)
Frequency Modulation 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2003-05-12 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(202)
Modulation 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2003-03-09 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(192)
Filter 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2002-06-22 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(203)
Noise Generator 0.9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2002-05-17 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(243)
FM Synth 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2002-02-09 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(181)
Distortion 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2001-01-31 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(221)
FM Synth 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2000-11-30 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(226)

2000-11-30 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(191)
FM Synth Old versio [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(207)
FM Synth ? [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(255)
FM Synth ? [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2000-11-29 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(207)
Synth 1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2000-11-29 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(194)
Fm Synth ? [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(192)
Fm Synth ? [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

2000-11-21 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(208)

2000-11-21 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(201)

------------------
Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #16
VIVIsect
VIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud of
Novi Sad

Thanks! Is there a way to make buzz crash less? Sometimes i just put a sunth and bam!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
Evelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVIsect View Post
Thanks! Is there a way to make buzz crash less? Sometimes i just put a sunth and bam!
Buzz hasn't crashed for me in years. I'm not really sure what could cause it. Do you have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed? Do you have the latest Buzz Beta? It's all on this page:

edit: There is a blacklist of machines you can safely remove (that can cause Buzz to become unstable).

Quote:
These are machines Oskari has marked by default as they conflict with the buzz builds from 2008 onwards.
  • CyanPhase Buzz OverLoader
  • CyanPhase DX Instrument Adapter
  • CyanPhase DX Effect Adapter
  • CyanPhase DMO Effect Adapter
  • 11-MidiCCout
Make sure you delete all machines (generators and effects) that starts with "11" (the developer). These are known trouble-makers.

Last edited by Evelon; 08-21-2012 at 09:40 PM..

------------------
Old 08-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
VIVIsect
Novi Sad

I have .net framework 4. running win7, and have installed that smaller pack-o'-machines... Guess i will have to manually add machines that are good.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
Evelon

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
pack have them all arranged (folder-wise) within the zip file.
DL it^, open it and just drag/drop the "Gear" folder into the root folder of where you installed Buzz (which have the Gear folder already). Restart Buzz.

You might want to update the index file (the pop-up list when you right-click in machine view, to see all the arranged machines)
(save as "index.txt" and replace the one in the Gear folder. Maybe you want to backup the "old" index just in case.)

Last edited by Evelon; 08-22-2012 at 01:39 PM..

------------------
Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #20
Endo Andre
Minor Glitch
Endo Andre will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

it iIS a very good plugin to use ! Love Buzz , use it from time to time

Advertisements

Endo Andre is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote