[DarkAmbient] Qatarsis - Profound Intensity
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
Phili
Soundwave Mangler
Phili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MC
Lübeck
MC Status: 909486
[DarkAmbient] Qatarsis - Profound Intensity

Hey Guys,

i'd like to share a new track of mine. all sound is made with analog modular gear (+microbrute). i'd love to get some feedback on the overall mix. let me know what you think about it

hope you like it

best regards

Philipp

Advertisements

------------------
Phili is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [DarkAmbient] Qatarsis - Profound Intensity.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:33 AM   #2
Eikonos
Learning The Ropes
Eikonos is on a distinguished road
Skellefteå
MC Status: 10
Re: [DarkAmbient] Qatarsis - Profound Intensity

Heya!

I like it a lot! The main drone-sound kind of reminds me of my friend Kammarheit's earlier work. As for the mix, I think it could use quite a lot more bottom! When I listen to this kind of stuff I pretty much wanna feel the vibrations that go along with the drones! Other than that, I think you're pretty much there. One thing I would probably do if I'd recorded that track, is to try to get the some of the higher layers more pushed to the sides to enchance and widen the track a bit more!
Eikonos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:26 AM   #3
Vault O)))
Digital Surfer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 16660
Re: [DarkAmbient] Qatarsis - Profound Intensity

This is much more noise-infused than I had expected! The mix sounds great, or at least the way the song develops and the modulation in between (I count those things as 'the mix' in dark ambient, so I hope that's what you meant as well).

I can't tell what the voice says at 1:26,, but from that point onward (when the song begins to fill out) the mix really shines, despite the main drone (loop, possibly?) remaining relatively static.

I wish it were longer. 10/10

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote