[chillstep] Xi Tau - These Cold Days
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #1
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
LawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to behold
Glasgow
MC Status: 910
[chillstep] Xi Tau - These Cold Days

heres something ive been chipping away at over winter, would really like to hear peoples thoughts on it

Advertisements

------------------
LawrenceL342 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [chillstep] Xi Tau - These Cold Days.
Old 16-03-2017, 01:55 AM   #2
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Re: [chillstep] Xi Tau - These Cold Days

From what I can hear it sounds like the high end could use a little boost. Some of the percussion sound kind of buried. Overall great track. Nice buildup and transitions.

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8524830
Thanked 6,678 Times in 4,764 Posts

Even if this is intended as a DJ style track, I think a bit of fade in for the beginning would be nice. Like a bar with volume automation. I think all the atmospheric stuff really feels blended together/glued nicely.

Also like the longer intro.

The arp/tuned perc running throughout really holds everything down. Personally I like the that the high end is a bit muffled. Personally I'm not a fan of super sparkly modern high end. Kick thumps nicely. Maybe a little more rimshot in the mix. Doesn't need to smack me in the face, but is pushed back a tad far for my taste.

Overall really well done. That bridge starting around 2:50 is quite nice. I like that electronic signing string sound a lot.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #4
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

I like everything I'm hearing, especially your attention to modulation on the leads. The combination of bass and low end is super solid to me. There's a lot of processing going on the percussion that I can't describe as too futuristic (not to be taken personally that is just constantly what I am looking for) but the percussion is also not too dry so I don't mind so much.

Once again, there's a lead in here that's got the perfect amount of distortion and vibrato and that is A++

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
LawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to behold
Glasgow
MC Status: 910

thank you so much guys

------------------
LawrenceL342 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 04:56 AM   #6
aktiveight
Minor Glitch
aktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really nice
Philadephia
MC Status: 360

your stuff sounds really chill!

i feel like i can really mello out with this tune. you have that flow that makes me want to run for miles in like a old ps2 game thats buried in my closet. but i feel like there should be more variation with your music. try to change the style maybe add some minimalist vibes and maybe some sidechaining effects. try to use a bass groove with the synth vibe. thats just my deal. but i give your stuff a 8/10.

Advertisements

aktiveight is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote