[Electro House] V-Axis - Upgrade me
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-03-2017, 04:20 AM   #1
YoSoyPincho
Analog Lurker
YoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud of
Medellin
MC Status: 1060
[Electro House] V-Axis - Upgrade me

Hey guys!

It's been a while since i posted something here, i just finished up this track i called "Upgrade me". It's an energetic/melodic 128 BPM electro house track about an 8-bit system asking for upgrades. As usual i would like to see your honest brutal opinions about it.

Appreciate it!

Advertisements

YoSoyPincho is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro House] V-Axis - Upgrade me.
Old 14-03-2017, 04:34 AM   #2
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Re: [Electro House] V-Axis - Upgrade me

Very groovy track! The intro definitely has that 8-bit video game feel to it. Love how the track starts out "thin" and gets "fuller" as it progresses. Also love the vocal sample (or whatever that is). The ending does seem kinda sudden but everything else is pretty much perfect.

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 05:23 AM   #3
YoSoyPincho
Analog Lurker
YoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud of
Medellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Very groovy track! The intro definitely has that 8-bit video game feel to it. Love how the track starts out "thin" and gets "fuller" as it progresses. Also love the vocal sample (or whatever that is). The ending does seem kinda sudden but everything else is pretty much perfect.
Thanks a lot Kyrpto, truly appreciate the fact you actually like this one, and i'm also glad you got the concept too. It's true I still have to work out more on transitions between the different parts of a track.

Thanks once more and have a good one!
Old 14-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #4
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

No objections, your track really sounds interesting and professional.
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 01:35 AM   #5
YoSoyPincho
Analog Lurker
Medellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post
No objections, your track really sounds interesting and professional.
Oh wow, thanks a lot Sonar! I'm really glad you actually found it interesting! Although i still lack some on the professional side, i truly appreciate the fact you perceive it as such.

Thanks again and have a good one.
Old 15-03-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
Faintbrush
Learning The Ropes
Faintbrush is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Really solid production, I could see this working well in a club or DJ set, but to my ears it ends up sounding a little generic (probably some personal taste stuff at play as well, so grain of salt...).

I was kinda hoping there would be more 8-bit stuff going on throughout the track, rather than just at the beginning and end. Like maybe you could bring back some of the 8-bit/bit-crushed bass or percussion during one of the breaks or something? But what I’m hearing is less that the 8-bit system got upgraded, and more that it got replaced by a shinny new macbook pro. At the same time, that macbook is really shiny, so if that's what you're going for that's cool…
Faintbrush is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 02:10 AM   #7
YoSoyPincho
Analog Lurker
Medellin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faintbrush View Post
Really solid production, I could see this working well in a club or DJ set, but to my ears it ends up sounding a little generic (probably some personal taste stuff at play as well, so grain of salt...).

I was kinda hoping there would be more 8-bit stuff going on throughout the track, rather than just at the beginning and end. Like maybe you could bring back some of the 8-bit/bit-crushed bass or percussion during one of the breaks or something? But what I’m hearing is less that the 8-bit system got upgraded, and more that it got replaced by a shinny new macbook pro. At the same time, that macbook is really shiny, so if that's what you're going for that's cool…
Oh thanks, i'm actually surprised you see this fitting in a club or DJ set, interesting. It is really generic indeed i was aware of that throughout the whole process haha, i think it's time for me to step out from the comfort zone and try new stuff. And about the 8-bit concept, that's an interesting point of view, although my main concern here was to make something "properly arranged production wise", reason why the 8 bit idea came up later.

Overall i truly appreciate your honesty and comments. have a good one sir.

Advertisements