[Electronic] Mylamine - Formless
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
zeiGn
Radial Developer
zeiGn will become famous soon enoughzeiGn will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
[Electronic] Mylamine - Formless

New song up. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by A.M; 03-12-2017 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

------------------
zeiGn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] Mylamine - Formless.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:58 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 150510
Thanked 3,010 Times in 2,237 Posts
Re: [Electronic] Mylamine - Formless

On the one hand, it was too short..while on the other, it was too long.

I mean I thought it was a bit repetitive and therefore it felt like it was going on too long..BUT..if it has been longer, with a bit more variety in the mix, then it would have been great..wonderful even.

You clearly have some mixing chops if this is your usual standard of production, though it still needs some polish here an there I feel. The overall sound of the track is cool, though it could really shine if you brought out the highs a little more..not to the point where sibilance becomes an issue, but a little more, as there seems to be a "dullness" to the track in general. That said, if this was going to be sent off to be mastered, then it would be taken care of for you at the stage of the game.

All in all, a really solid track with a lot of promise..just a little more attention to the mix by adding in a few little things here and there to give it more life and some attention to the highs and you're done I think.

Nice one..well done.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
On the one hand, it was too short..while on the other, it was too long.

I mean I thought it was a bit repetitive and therefore it felt like it was going on too long..BUT..if it has been longer, with a bit more variety in the mix, then it would have been great..wonderful even.

You clearly have some mixing chops if this is your usual standard of production, though it still needs some polish here an there I feel. The overall sound of the track is cool, though it could really shine if you brought out the highs a little more..not to the point where sibilance becomes an issue, but a little more, as there seems to be a "dullness" to the track in general. That said, if this was going to be sent off to be mastered, then it would be taken care of for you at the stage of the game.

All in all, a really solid track with a lot of promise..just a little more attention to the mix by adding in a few little things here and there to give it more life and some attention to the highs and you're done I think.

Nice one..well done.
Thanks man! The song was supposedly being mastered for a month by some guy. Turns out he might have been catfishing me and a lot of people pretending to be someone he was not haha. Long story short, had to release it with my own mixing and no mastering. While there's definite work that could be done engineering wise, I think it's listenable. Every time I have shelled out cash in the past on mastering i've never even liked the product, so makes me weary of trying again.

------------------
Old 03-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 150510
Thanked 3,010 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiGn View Post
Thanks man! The song was supposedly being mastered for a month by some guy. Turns out he might have been catfishing me and a lot of people pretending to be someone he was not haha. Long story short, had to release it with my own mixing and no mastering. While there's definite work that could be done engineering wise, I think it's listenable. Every time I have shelled out cash in the past on mastering i've never even liked the product, so makes me weary of trying again.

Yeah, I hear you..good Mastering folk are like good partners in life..hold on to em if you're lucky enough to find one.

Seriously, what I said shouldn't been read negatively..and trust me, your right about the track being listenable..in fact, it's more than just listenable. I guess my suggestions are more esthetics than anything else, but things I think could help the track if implemented

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Yeah, I hear you..good Mastering folk are like good partners in life..hold on to em if you're lucky enough to find one.

Seriously, what I said shouldn't been read negatively..and trust me, your right about the track being listenable..in fact, it's more than just listenable. I guess my suggestions are more esthetics than anything else, but things I think could help the track if implemented
Yes I think my first step should be to purchase some studio quality headphones, or speakers, at this point. The headphones I am using push the highs and lows and squash the mids, which forces me to push the mids. This may be why you are saying the highs should be more in the mix.

Mixing on bad equipment sucks.

Guess I shouldn't give up on finding someone who can master my stuff though either. The journey continues!

------------------
Old 03-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
LawrenceL342
Microknight
LawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to behold
Lochgilphead, Scotland
MC Status: 760

really loving the sound of this track, the tribal chants and percussion remind me of some of the tracks on bonobos new album

------------------
LawrenceL342 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceL342 View Post
really loving the sound of this track, the tribal chants and percussion remind me of some of the tracks on bonobos new album
Thanks ! Appreciate that.

------------------
Old 03-16-2017, 09:05 PM   #8
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 35750
Thanked 4,148 Times in 2,706 Posts

Very nice arrangement, could use some smoothing out of the mix on various tracks. The vocal chant/loop is a little jarring and slightly out of tune with the rest of the track to my ears, could use some modulation and processing. There is a very nice bridge at the 50 second mark! Keep mixing this one

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #9
zeiGn
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROton42 View Post
Very nice arrangement, could use some smoothing out of the mix on various tracks. The vocal chant/loop is a little jarring and slightly out of tune with the rest of the track to my ears, could use some modulation and processing. There is a very nice bridge at the 50 second mark! Keep mixing this one
Thanks!

PS. the vocals are suppose to be jarring and not perfectly placed. Just my style!

Advertisements

------------------