MS20 in need of help
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:00 AM   #1
theycallmegav
Analog Lurker
theycallmegav has a spectacular aura abouttheycallmegav has a spectacular aura abouttheycallmegav has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
MS20 in need of help

Hey, I have a MS-20 mini that will not switch on. How is the best way of getting it repaired or getting an expert to look at it? Im in Ireland and the only music shop are retail shops. Sending it away could cost a fair bit. Just wondering if there is a service I've missed

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

------------------
theycallmegav is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:24 AM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8524380
Thanked 6,669 Times in 4,756 Posts
Re: MS20 in need of help

Korg likely has a repair place in the UK. Try them? Selling AS IS and spending getting a new one may not be bad. Also an electronics repair place that isnt a music shop.
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
theycallmegav
Analog Lurker
theycallmegav has a spectacular aura abouttheycallmegav has a spectacular aura abouttheycallmegav has a spectacular aura about

Thanks relic. I'll be looking into that today. It's make me sad that it is just sitting there. So much potential just locked up in there lol

------------------
Old 12-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 169560
Thanked 3,391 Times in 2,529 Posts

Don't know where you're based here, but you could try hitting up [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, who are based in Dublin and service / repair all kinds of Korg, Moog and Roland synths. I've never used them personally, but I've heard good things about them.

Also have a look at [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, who are all over the place here in Ireland..they have their own in-hose repair service, which has been approved by the likes of Yamaha, Peavey, RCF, Roland, Fender, Korg, Boss, Marshall, Pioneer, Numark, Alesis and others. The link above will take you to their repair page, but I'm guessing you'll have to do a bit of digging to find out where to take or post your unit to get it repair.

Hope these help..best of luck and let us know how you get on.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #5
theycallmegav
Analog Lurker

A.M that has been as great help. I emailed Korg directly and will have to send it off to England. But there is a Sound Shop not way far from me just below the boarder. So I'm going to drive down with it and see what they think. Thanks again mate.

------------------
Old 12-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 169560
Thanked 3,391 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmegav View Post
A.M that has been as great help. I emailed Korg directly and will have to send it off to England. But there is a Sound Shop not way far from me just below the boarder. So I'm going to drive down with it and see what they think. Thanks again mate.
No worries..I'd look up the shop's phone number and give em a call first..could save yourself the travel if it doesn't pan out.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
theycallmegav
Analog Lurker

I will do. fucking Legend

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to theycallmegav
A.M (12-03-2017)