looking for feedback on the musical ideas
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #1
Blank^
Digital Surfer
Blank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MC
MC Status: 3839694
soundmodel - looking for feedback on the musical ideas

So this is a more recent collection of some musical ideas that I've been through. I haven't completed or refined anything yet in this soundcloud, because I'm merely doing some quick sketches in order to find ideas to work on.

However, it would be fun to get some feedback on the musical ideas here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I'm not even aiming to do anything in a "professional" scale, I'm making music for fun and because I like to listen these myself. But of course having others like something as well would be fun.

Last edited by Blank^; 09-03-2017 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

Blank^ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
Blank^
Digital Surfer
Blank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MCBlank^ is a savage MC
Re: looking for feedback on the musical ideas

Anyone?
Old 29-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 104950
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,357 Posts

You'd have better luck doing this properly in the listening booth. Read the rules and far above to see how.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
Blank^
Digital Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
You'd have better luck doing this properly in the listening booth. Read the rules and far above to see how.
This post was first in listening booth and then moved to here, because this doesn't concern a single track, but multiple.
Old 29-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #5
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 104950
Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,357 Posts

I don't know then - maybe a more concrete question? What specifically do you want to know about which song - that sort of thing.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #6
Blank^
Digital Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
I don't know then - maybe a more concrete question? What specifically do you want to know about which song - that sort of thing.
I just want someone to comment on, whether they like some tracks there. That enables me to know which ones to work on.
Old 29-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529730
Thanked 6,776 Times in 4,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank^ View Post
I just want someone to comment on, whether they like some tracks there. That enables me to know which ones to work on.
OK. You still need to post it in the Listening Booth area.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
Blank^
Digital Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
All of them, or on per track basis?
Old 29-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #9
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
The LB is for single WIPS only..them is the rules. (..see last point in the list of LB rules)

This belongs here as it has more to do with the sound design side of things and which ones the OP want to start developing..they aren't even technically WIPS at this stage.

I moved the post here in the first place because of the above mentioned points..so it would be really super cool if somebody would actually take a listen and give this guy some advice on what ye think works and what doesn't.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #10
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts

Quote:
All of them, or on per track basis?
As I explained before, the reason I moved your post over to this section is twofold: You have multiple tracks / sketches in the one post..and they aren't even WIPS yet..you're actively seeking advice on which to go with and how to develop them, which falls under this section of the forum.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #11
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 34560

Am I supposed to listen to all 66 of these? I'm on the fifth one and they sound like cool interludes, or the type of half-baked ideas that could probably be put to good use (or expanded upon to form regular tracks).

This is so broad and there's 66 tracks. I don't know what we're doing here, LB or not, but more information might help outside of 'do you guys like my music?'.

I do like your music, hope that helps. I also vote for the completion of Pebbles2

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
Oatbag (31-03-2017)
Old 31-03-2017, 06:19 AM   #12
Blank^
Digital Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
I do like your music, hope that helps. I also vote for the completion of Pebbles2
This is the sort of advice I'm looking for. Because even though I'm mainly doing music for myself, it should appeal to other people as well. But I cannot know what appeals to other people without asking them.
Old 31-03-2017, 06:46 AM   #13
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

Quote:
This is the sort of advice I'm looking for. Because even though I'm mainly doing music for myself, it should appeal to other people as well. But I cannot know what appeals to other people without asking them.
It shouldn't even matter what others think of your noises. I mean, I understand that you are wanting feedback to improve your tracks, That's one thing but don't reshape your sound based on what a majority of others think you should do. Your music will speak for itself in time, Do what feels right and take the advice of those offering improvements on technique as opposed to moar snares and sidechains.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 10:25 AM   #14
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744023091
Thanked 7,113 Times in 4,430 Posts

Quote:
The Listening Booth

Here's the place to get feedback on your tracks, there are a few things to note before posting here:

Must be a member for 7 days before posting threads, and 30 meaningful posts in other areas of the forum. (no “Great thread”, “Wow I'm impressed”, “this is sounding great!”), this place relies on people adding something of value, if you are found to be 'post count bumping' you will find a Mod hot on your heels and will find your post count dropping faster than you can type your one word replies.

After 30 days, you may post threads in the Listening Booth. However, you may only post 1 thread per week until you have 300 posts on the forum as a whole. This is done to reduce the amount of people posting 10-20 tracks a day and pushing other people's music on the board out of sight, and also to encourage people who want to post as many threads as they want to be more active on the board. The Listening Booth is not there for you to promote fifteen tracks, it's there for critique and feedback, so go and make some meaningful posts in the Listening Booth or around other parts of the forum! (IDMf Admins, Moderators, Supporters, Artists, and Veterans are exempt from this rule.)

If you are posting a track for feedback then try giving some to others first, even if you don't feel qualified feel free to state your opinions (but remember make them meaningful, just saying “great track ” or "I like the kick" is no help at all. Try and write more than a couple of sentences, be specific about particular aspects you like/dislike and what quality it is that made you notice it. Really consider your feedback, the listening booth is a privilege treat it like one.

Don't make loads of threads, the Listening Booth is a popular place and even with everyone making one thread every couple of weeks theres a lot of traffic, don't abuse the facility.

If you aren't looking for feedback or don't want to give any, don't post your track in the Listening Booth.
Finished tracks on releases go in the Members Release Section, NOT the Listening Booth.

No constant thread bumping, if you haven't received any feedback and have been giving loads to others wait a week and then feel free to bump your thread once.

Try to tell us a bit about your track. If you had any inspiration that got it started, if you had any intentions while creating it and if you had any plans for it. Any and all information like this will really help your song to stand out and to be more memorable. This isn't completely necessary, but it is encouraged.
Be respectful of others and their criticism. Feel free to talk about what people have to say about your music, but never resort to offensive name calling or bad talking in any way. We're all here to help and learn.

On the other hand, if anyone is notably abusive or rude regarding your music (e.g. "this is utter crap") and offers no signs of constructiveness feel free to report them and we'll have them sorted.
Check out this thread to learn how to use soundcloud tags: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

When creating a thread please use the title format: [Genre] Artist - Track name

Don't post material you didn't create.

Please do not post multiple tracks in the same thread. We ask this because the Listening Booth is not supposed to be an advertisement, it is not another social media dumping ground for you to "get exposure". You don't need to ask people to check you out on Youtube or Soundcloud either. Just put that info in your signature (that's what it's for) and if people hear something they like, they will follow up on their natural curiosity.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
A.M (31-03-2017)
Old 31-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #15
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 34560

Great thread

Quote:
I think most of us who are just hobbyists feel that way from time to time. That's why I love when people put links and SC tracks in their signatures; people like me are really going around and checking them all out and finding great tunes in the process. You reminded me to make it a point to comment when I like shit more, actually.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:32 AM   #16
expiredtroubles
Learning The Ropes
expiredtroubles is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I like your pre-tracks. I think a bunch of them deserves to be completed.
expiredtroubles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:54 AM   #17
Blank^
Digital Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by expiredtroubles View Post
I like your pre-tracks. I think a bunch of them deserves to be completed.
Thanks, me too.

Advertisements