[new age/electro] ethan ede - motif
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-03-2017, 03:34 AM   #1
ethanede
Radial Developer
ethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really nice
Portland, OR
MC Status: 410
[new age/electro] ethan ede - motif

This is another sort of new age thing but I always like edge in some form, so I don’t really know what to call it. It does make me think of patrick o’hearn, hence the new age tag, electro because it has a little edge?

The percussive hat/cymbal elements are field samples I captured dripping water onto a hot stainless steel pan in my kitchen. The bass line is courtesy of the dreadbox Hades bass synth, which has been fun to work with as it forces you to record all the controller data live, save for mod wheel.

Please enjoy, feedback is appreciated if you are so inclined.

Advertisements

ethanede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ethanede
PROton42 (09-03-2017)
Rate this track - [new age/electro] ethan ede - motif.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460
Re: [new age/electro] ethan ede - motif

nice music. Very much like the resonated synth at 1:00 and 3:45. Also like the shifts in the arrangement of the bass synth. super sounding lead synth as well at 3:00.
Somehow vaguely reminds me of early electronic/prog music like Cybotron etc.. it's maybe a strange association :p

anyway: big like.
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
Toothpinch
Microknight
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1860

Came back to hear it again - so leaving a comment this time.
I really enjoyed this.
Nice transitions and overall feel.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:59 PM   #4
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Really appreciate the tonal qualities here, like running around lost in a great alien cyberpunk city. Would make a perfect soundtrack for a tactics-type rpg or combat game. NICE Bridge @ 2:30, smooth! Thanks for sharing these vibes.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #5
ethanede
Radial Developer
ethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really nice
Portland, OR
MC Status: 410

Thanks for the listens and comments. When I'm not trying to be something I'm not, this is the type of music I seem to end up creating. So I am trying to embrace it and improve various techniques in this style while continuing find my place while learning as a producer. I think I might need to break out into at least 2 different projects because of the variance in my styles. Anyone else dealing with this disparity in styles?
ethanede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:59 PM   #6
theycallmegav
Analog Lurker
theycallmegav has a spectacular aura abouttheycallmegav has a spectacular aura abouttheycallmegav has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

This is really cool man I like it. Nice wee 80's vibe going

I really like the water drop sound plus how you got there

------------------
theycallmegav is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #7
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanede View Post
Anyone else dealing with this disparity in styles?
Truly. When I started writing, I wanted everything to be hardcore 00tz 00tz industrial elektro music and somehow I ended up falling into a more chilled out and new-age-y sound and stuck with it.

I am absolutely of the belief that if an artist wants to release a compilation of various dissimilar works they should be allowed to! Keep it up

Advertisements

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote