[Electronic/Cinematic] Korso - Xandu's Portal
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #1
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647
[Electronic/Cinematic] Korso - Xandu's Portal

I think I'm really getting there with cinematic music. Had so much fun making this track. Incorporated some of the general feedback on my other tracks, into this track, so we'll see what gives. There's also a story to go along with this track. Enjoy

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(It's not great storytelling but what ever)

A girl is walking, surrounded by a surreal setting. The sky is a mix of a multitude of colors; orange, purple, green, all mixing harmoniously into one. In the horizon, a huge moon travels in a loop at various speeds. She walks in a valley that is just as odd in nature as the sky above her, however she feels oddly comfortable with it. She cannot remember why she got here. Slowly, a feeling creeps over her, one that comes from the absence of life in the world surrounding her. She remembers her family, her friends, and she starts to feel a weight on her chest, cutting her breath short. She can feel how far this place is from her home. As she looks around trying to figure a way out of this place, she is grasped by the hand of Despair. The world around her starts to melt and fade into black, the ground disappears under her feet… but she does not fall. The world has completely disappeared, and only darkness remains, stretching out forever. It is the Unending Void. The overwhelming nature of this reality has all but numbed the girl, even as the creeping sensation that she may be trapped here forever dawns on her. A voice is heard. Did she hear it in her head, or did she hear it? The absence of any 3-dimensional entity to anchor on in her field of view makes it impossible for her to answer this question. However, what she hears are not words. She knows the name of the voice, and she understands the purpose and intentions of this creature. Xandu, a being that seeks to free her of this place explains that she must go on a journey, a perilous journey, filled with nightmares and destruction. He gives her the choice to stay here, or to undertake this journey, back to the ones she loves. Although it is the easier choice, to stay would mean to face an eternity of nothingness until the day she is no more. To leave, however, is to suffer and battle against beings and entities that guard the way back to her world. For the girl, this is an easy decision, and as she moves forward a giant portal rises in front of her. She is absorbed into light itself. As the world around her seems to be rushing at an immeasurable speed, she starts to feel an incredible sense of purpose. She knows what she must do, and her convictions solidify as she thinks back to the faces of the ones she loves. Suddenly the light fades and she finds herself standing on a mountain ledge, an enormous city standing before her. This is the first part of her journey, and as she waits for the voice of Xandu to be heard again, she sits, and takes in this new world she must face.

Last edited by Mizuchi; 03-03-2017 at 02:18 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Mizuchi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic/Cinematic] Korso - Xandu's Portal.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: [Electronic/Cinematic] Korso - Xandu's Portal

Beautiful story - both text and music. I like the tension between uplifting and alarming mood builds up.
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #3
JD1112
Knob Twiddler
JD1112 is a splendid one to beholdJD1112 is a splendid one to beholdJD1112 is a splendid one to beholdJD1112 is a splendid one to beholdJD1112 is a splendid one to beholdJD1112 is a splendid one to behold
Bristol, TN
MC Status: 660

Loved the transition. This pretty much nails my taste in music at the moment. Good job

------------------

Sometimes, when I get bored, I grab a few beers and surf missed connections on craigslist to see if the waitress at Perkins knows if i'm creeping on her yet.
JD1112 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #4
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 58260
Thanked 1,165 Times in 778 Posts

Beautiful melody and the mix sounds pretty good on my speakers. I love the change at around 1 min. Also like the slightly glitchy drums. The slightly dirty synth at around 2 mins is also very pleasing withour being to scratchy. The way it picks up tempo towards the end is also very nice and fitting for both the track and story. Overall I really like this kind of music/sound.
I could imagine this being the soundtrack to a really nice Anime landscape scene (which would actually fit to your story)

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:46 AM   #5
ethanede
Radial Developer
ethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really nice
Portland, OR
MC Status: 410

Nice track, great progression throughout with nice changes. Love the Tangerine Dreamesque arp/chord that comes in and stays to fade out solo. TBH, I was actually surprised when the drums came in full after the break, but I enjoyed where you took it as it continued to build. Thanks for sharing.

Advertisements

ethanede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote