[US Black Metal] Agent Slimepunk - Worm Lore
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 27-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37610
[US Black Metal] Agent Slimepunk - Worm Lore

Advertisements

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [US Black Metal] Agent Slimepunk - Worm Lore.
Old 27-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #2
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 31010
Re: [US Black Metal] Agent Slimepunk - Worm Lore

I get zero black metal from this. It's thrash to my ear, late 80s/early 90s. I get a real early Sepultura vibe from it.

That said, it's fucking awesome. Rocks straight on through, couple of nice change ups. The little slide down bits that come in around :45 are really choice.

So...technical geeky info? What's the setup? Just you or are there more people involved? Programmed drums? Where'd the great guitar tone come from? Will there be more? Inquiring minds want to know.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #3
Toothpinch
Microknight
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1860

Have to agree with Artificer, not what I'd call Black Metal - but still very nice.
Drums could use a little more bottom.
Look forward to hearing more.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 11:17 AM   #4
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 114260
Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,330 Posts

dude, you can riff so I suggest you move towards crossover/hc because first part sounds just like that. You could make drums half-tempo so it could melt more faces, kind of like that beatdown approach similar to xHCx bands. I get why you called this black metal but tremolos sound weird with such drums and they feel very hardcore in general. It also feels that tempo is too fast for black metal, but it's unique in some way because you seem to not follow one single genre in particular. If you're up for some criticism (I'm sure you are), drums sound really weird, might be a tuning, feels a bit too quantized and dry (snare sounds like scott stapp spanking his own butt). I know it's hard to get them right but you need to test more sample libraries that offers entire kit presets, there are always ways to layer snare and get it more meaty because a current one feels kind of weak. You can also use those old-school methods and drown drums in reverb:

ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC

So about the black metal thing, I was going for a blackened thrash sound while simultaneously listening to way too much chick metalcore, so I basically ended up trying to model the mixing of one and the playing of another, so I don't know what it really is in the end. I guess it's metalcore, essentially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
I get zero black metal from this. It's thrash to my ear, late 80s/early 90s. I get a real early Sepultura vibe from it.

That said, it's fucking awesome. Rocks straight on through, couple of nice change ups. The little slide down bits that come in around :45 are really choice.

So...technical geeky info? What's the setup? Just you or are there more people involved? Programmed drums? Where'd the great guitar tone come from? Will there be more? Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks for the critique! The guitar and bass were all guitar rig, and 1/2 of the drums was a freeware VST (MT power drumkit is boss, I don't care what anybody says). I had to use Slate's kick and snare, but I think I fucked up the kick somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
dude, you can riff so I suggest you move towards crossover/hc because first part sounds just like that. You could make drums half-tempo so it could melt more faces, kind of like that beatdown approach similar to xHCx bands. I get why you called this black metal but tremolos sound weird with such drums and they feel very hardcore in general. It also feels that tempo is too fast for black metal, but it's unique in some way because you seem to not follow one single genre in particular. If you're up for some criticism (I'm sure you are), drums sound really weird, might be a tuning, feels a bit too quantized and dry (snare sounds like scott stapp spanking his own butt). I know it's hard to get them right but you need to test more sample libraries that offers entire kit presets, there are always ways to layer snare and get it more meaty because a current one feels kind of weak. You can also use those old-school methods and drown drums in reverb:
Yuss, good critique Scott Stapp. The weird thing about that snare was that I had to high pass the shit out of it, but I find myself doing that a lot with libraries because I don't know mixing. If I were to head in that kind of direction, I'd probably just do powerviolence or grindcore with loads of tempo changes. I also agree I can't do black metal; it takes something I don't have. Also, how many black metal bands are there from Florida (aside from Creed)? I know, none. I checked.

I think there might have been 2 S.S. butsmacks (aka snare drums) layered in there, but I blame my own EQing on that sounding like a wet bag of pasta being dumped on the assphalt (ok, I'm out of puns). I definitely wanted to try some convolution there (instead of the room modeling in the Slate libraries) but my CPU almost didn't let me render this file in the beginning.

I should have gotten more ram, but I got a cheap guitar instead. Should've had a V(8) Metal.

------------------
Old 28-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1533677
Thanked 1,909 Times in 1,225 Posts

nothing to say here that hasnt been said already, great work man.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #7
nervewar
Regular Freak
nervewar has a spectacular aura aboutnervewar has a spectacular aura aboutnervewar has a spectacular aura about
Kansas City, MO
MC Status: 210

Very nice, can't wait to hear more!
nervewar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:01 AM   #8
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Well it's definitely Metal.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:54 AM   #9
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROton42 View Post
Well it's definitely Metal.
Holy shit, man. Long time no see.

WB

------------------
Old 03-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #10
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9810

love it i dont even care who you are, best band ever, screamin
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #11
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59310
Thanked 1,186 Times in 789 Posts

Thsi might come off as a bit generic but really cool shit man! I love the guitar. I agree on the drums but I do love the guitar!

Keep up the good work.

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote