[Dancehall mashup] Ride or die - DMX + me
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
moogerfooger
Granular Poster
moogerfooger is just really nicemoogerfooger is just really nicemoogerfooger is just really nicemoogerfooger is just really nicemoogerfooger is just really nice
Scotland
MC Status: 410
Icon12 [Dancehall mashup] Ride or die - DMX + me

Made this a while back but I always return to it thinking there is something there. Looking for advice on structure and mixing. Any comments appreciated. Hope you like it.

Moo

Advertisements

moogerfooger is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dancehall mashup] Ride or die - DMX + me.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:01 PM   #2
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387
Re: [Dancehall mashup] Ride or die - DMX + me

I agree that there could be something here. The groove that you've built definitely has a good drive to it. Just curious about the vocals, do you have multiple tracks playing with different vocals. It just seems like when there are multiple voices going the focus is kind of lost from DMX's lyrics. Especially the "rudeboi ting" sample.

I would consider lowering the other voices in the mix a bit. You could also try EQing them so they're not quite as full as the main vocals (even test out a bandpass filter which you could automate?). It might even be cool to throw on a bitcrusher or something. Especially during the breaks that just have the clap and vocals (they sound a little messy as is).

Other than that, the beat you have compliments DMX well. Good job!

Advertisements

Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote