[EDM] 2oo3 - Relay
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
2oo3
Radial Developer
2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of
Mechelen
MC Status: 1410
[EDM] 2oo3 - Relay

I think it's finished.
But, I usually miss things. So thanks, for the feedback

Last edited by A.M; 03-07-2017 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

------------------
I don't have to be right, I just have to provoke your thoughts
2oo3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [EDM] 2oo3 - Relay.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155810
Thanked 3,116 Times in 2,321 Posts
Re: Relay

From the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: "When creating a thread please use the title format: [Genre] Artist - Track name"

I'm pointing this out to you because many of us on here won't listen or even click on a post in the listening Booth that doesn't have the proper title format..we just don't have the time to check out every track and even more so when we don't know the kind or style of music the track is to begin with. Basically, you're doing both yourself and everyone else a disservice by not using the right title format..which translates into less plays and less feedback, which is the whole point of posting in the LB. I don't think you can change this now, but keep it in mind for the future.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
2oo3
Radial Developer
2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of
Mechelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
From the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: "When creating a thread please use the title format: [Genre] Artist - Track name"

I'm pointing this out to you because many of us on here won't listen or even click on a post in the listening Booth that doesn't have the proper title format..we just don't have the time to check out every track and even more so when we don't know the kind or style of music the track is to begin with. Basically, you're doing both yourself and everyone else a disservice by not using the right title format..which translates into less plays and less feedback, which is the whole point of posting in the LB. I don't think you can change this now, but keep it in mind for the future.
Thanks for pointing this out. Didn't realize this.
Thanks.

------------------
Old 02-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155810
Thanked 3,116 Times in 2,321 Posts

Just had a listen, J, and it's a really nice/good/cool house track. Your production skills are really good in general, though this sounds like it could do with a little more variation in the mix composition-wise, as it kinda gets a bit repetitive after a minute or so.

I'm basing this in what my ears heard..not on any sort of technical viewpoint, as House isn't really my genre, so I'm not really the best one to be giving you advice on stylistic elements..sorry.

That said, I still enjoyed it and I liked and followed over on SC.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #5
Beid
Microknight
Beid is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Technically brilliant. It def moves around and has enough variation imo. House should be zoney and dialed and u nailed that. The change up at 2:04 I listened to twice trying to figure out what you're doing and because it almost seemed too quick a change. I thought the beat went off a millisecond but after a second listen I think maybe you dialed the knob too quickly. I love the entire track, I liked the feel, the change ups and overall flow of track.

The only repetitive element imo as mentioned above would be the drone in the backround. It does seem very stationary. I'd also like to hear that drone a dram deeper.

Good stuff dude
Beid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #6
2oo3
Radial Developer
Mechelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Just had a listen, J, and it's a really nice/good/cool house track. Your production skills are really good in general, though this sounds like it could do with a little more variation in the mix composition-wise, as it kinda gets a bit repetitive after a minute or so.

I'm basing this in what my ears heard..not on any sort of technical viewpoint, as House isn't really my genre, so I'm not really the best one to be giving you advice on stylistic elements..sorry.

That said, I still enjoyed it and I liked and followed over on SC.
Thanks for your feedback. The repetitive aspect is, for me, part of this track and vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beid View Post
Technically brilliant. It def moves around and has enough variation imo. House should be zoney and dialed and u nailed that. The change up at 2:04 I listened to twice trying to figure out what you're doing and because it almost seemed too quick a change. I thought the beat went off a millisecond but after a second listen I think maybe you dialed the knob too quickly. I love the entire track, I liked the feel, the change ups and overall flow of track.

The only repetitive element imo as mentioned above would be the drone in the backround. It does seem very stationary. I'd also like to hear that drone a dram deeper.

Good stuff dude
Thanks for your feedback
at 2:04 ther were some trigless trigs on my Octatrack, wich caused a glitch. Was planning to remove it, but decided to keep it as break. I thought it was funny and absurd. It trows you out of the groove and back in again.

thanks to you both for the complements on my skills. Was mostly focused on mixing, next to the sounddesign. Feels good.

Cheers

Advertisements

------------------