[Tech House / Techno] Maitri - Blake
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-02-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
Mattem
Minor Glitch
Mattem will become famous soon enough
MANCHESTER
MC Status: 60
[Tech House / Techno] Maitri - Blake

This track has been buzzing around my head / studio for too long so have been trying to get it finished. It's driven me mad and i think i've lost perspective on it... wondering on a arrangement and a sample / vocal to add a bit of variety/ focus to this track. Thoughts welcomed!!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 12-03-2017 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

Mattem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Tech House / Techno] Maitri - Blake.
Old 21-02-2017, 03:02 AM   #2
Toothpinch
Microknight
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1860
Re: [Tech House / Techno] Blake

To be honest I have a hard time when songs go over 5+ mins but this rolled along nicely and kept me in the whole time.
I really liked the delays and modulations.
Not really sure what you'd add vocally or where?
Also the kick kinda pops up when the synths duck out - not sure if that's intentional.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 6210

Hi Mattem,

Sure, you could put a vocal over that, or just leave it. Either would work I think. I think the mixing could use a bit of adjusting as I found the kick a bit too present, same for some of the sweeps ans such for example around 1:45. I kinda wanted to keep the background stabs going more in the foreground as a driving element and have the other sounds come in lower in the mix to provide interest but not to distract from the trance-effect of the rhythm. Around 3:20ish you could then pull back on the driving stabs for a while and have a more pronounced change. my 2c.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #4
mo0
Learning The Ropes
mo0 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Feels like I'm running away from the baddies in Half Life 2. I like it a lot dude. No need for vocals.
mo0 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #5
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2910

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo0 View Post
Feels like I'm running away from the baddies in Half Life 2. I like it a lot dude. No need for vocals.
:notafinga::notafinga::notafinga:

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #6
Mattem
Minor Glitch
Mattem will become famous soon enough
MANCHESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepr View Post
Hi Mattem,
I found the kick a bit too present, same for some of the sweeps ans such for example around 1:45. I kinda wanted to keep the background stabs going more in the foreground as a driving element and have the other sounds come in lower in the mix to provide interest but not to distract from the trance-effect of the rhythm. Around 3:20ish you could then pull back on the driving stabs for a while and have a more pronounced change. my 2c.
Cheers for the feedback --- i've put this track in the fridge for a couple of weeks till i come back to it with fresh lugs. I definitely agree that it needs a proper mixdown... I shall take your advice on board - toothpinch - also mentioned that so cheers for the ears folks!
Mattem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Silence
Old 26-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #7
BERMIO
IDMf's latest spammer
BERMIO will become famous soon enough

I also think there is no need for vocals, I think the track has enough definition and I really like the atmosphere of it! Keep u the good work man, gave you a follow at Soundcloud to here some more from you!

Advertisements

BERMIO is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote