[House] thin king - Leather Jackit
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king has a spectacular aura aboutthin king has a spectacular aura aboutthin king has a spectacular aura about
Sheffield
MC Status: 210
[House] thin king - Leather Jackit

Latest efforts - not finished as usual!! any feedback much appreciated.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

UPDATE [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 03-07-2017 at 01:13 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House] thin king - Leather Jackit.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
FTD
Ghostly
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3462205
Re: (House) Leather Jackit

To be honest with you, I wasn't expecting something as good as this. The Leather Jackit vocal sample is a bit too novelty for my liking but then that's me. The rest of it sounds like a *lot* of the house I used to dance and listen to in the 90's. Stuff on Strictly Rhythm and labels like Drop Music later on. I hear the actual vocal snippet from DSK's What Would We Do in there too.

The bass as lead line is bang on, a nice woody low end but not too muffled and works well when you open up the frequency filter. Classic stuff that never fails.

The build up and the drop needs a bit of work but I accept it's a demo and the percussion holds everything up well but could do with some percussive one shots or extras to indicate the phrases.

In summary, you've got a fantastic hook that with a bit more work will make a fantastic song.

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
Mario D
Knob Twiddler
Mario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant future
Croatia
MC Status: 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
Latest efforts - not finished as usual!! any feedback much appreciated.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Kick sounds great hihats too.
Clap is to large and if there are 2 clap samples, they do not match, something is wrong there with clap.
Thought 0:55 needs more then little percusion and vocal, sounds empty, like some layer behind.
Bass is good.
Overall it's nice, not my type of music. Nevertheless though more layers would be good.

------------------
Mario D is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #4
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king has a spectacular aura aboutthin king has a spectacular aura aboutthin king has a spectacular aura about
Sheffield

Thanks for the indepth feedback both of you - I really do appreciate it. I hear what your saying about the vocal - but the track is meant to be a bit tongue and cheek and its the first time in ages I've recorded a vocal myself - thought it was catchy enough without being too cheesey :-)

I realise the initial drop is a bit weak - I have a few ideas on how to make it a bit better.

I realise the clap is a bit off too but I do like the sound - its a loose clap and a 909 snare I think - do you think just shorten it and drop the volume....if not what sample would you suggest?

------------------
Old 02-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #5
thin king
Soundscaper
Sheffield

Done a little update - tinkering with the intro and clap to make it sit a little better - let me know your thoughts.

------------------
Old 02-22-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
Mario D
Knob Twiddler
Mario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant futureMario D has a brilliant future
Croatia
MC Status: 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin king View Post
Done a little update - tinkering with the intro and clap to make it sit a little better - let me know your thoughts.
Much better clap snare sample. Sounds good.

------------------
Mario D is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:38 PM   #7
Beid
Microknight
Beid is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Very end of track has really cool buildup that could of been used earlier? Unless u want to add more time to track. Change up at 1:06 is banging and goes into really nice groove. Change up at 3:10 had parts for a few seconds I wanted to hear more of, I guess I wanted to hear that change at 3:10 to be drawn out more or I remember hearing a jingle in there that goes away. The jingle caught my attention anyway killer stuff.
Beid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #8
thin king
Soundscaper
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beid View Post
Very end of track has really cool buildup that could of been used earlier? Unless u want to add more time to track. Change up at 1:06 is banging and goes into really nice groove. Change up at 3:10 had parts for a few seconds I wanted to hear more of, I guess I wanted to hear that change at 3:10 to be drawn out more or I remember hearing a jingle in there that goes away. The jingle caught my attention anyway killer stuff.
Thanks for the kind feedback - the build at the end is a duplication of the previous - I plan to draw that out for longer and maybe add some pads before the final drop. The jingle bit is just to punctuate the main drops I didn't want it to turn into another part as I think it may make the track too busy.

Thanks again - have a good weekend.

Advertisements

------------------