[80s Influence] Korso - Broken Voyageur
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-17-2017, 06:43 PM   #1
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647
[80s Influence] Korso - Broken Voyageur

I have no idea what this is. Just having some fun, first time I incorporated my singing into a track. Tried to do something a bit different than my usual. Get out of my comfort zone so to speak. Again, it comes with a mini story:

It's one of a machine wondering a planet looking for a way to escape it. For centuries it has been waiting, wandering around waiting for something to get it off of this world uninhabited by any form of intelligence that could understand it and speak with it. It can feel itself slowly falling into the repetitiveness of it's own actions and thoughts, falling into the madness of it's purposelessness. But it isn't unhappy, it exists and that is enough for it's apreciation of existence. And it will wander for ever if that what destiny has in store for it.

Enjoy

Advertisements

------------------
Mizuchi is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [80s Influence] Korso - Broken Voyageur.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
mo0
Learning The Ropes
mo0 is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10
Re: [80s Influence] Korso - Broken Voyageur

Hey, I'm new here but I wanted to say I liked this track. The vocals were great. A bit too much distortion for my tastes but I enjoyed listening.
mo0 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:25 AM   #3
PhiJayy
Microknight
PhiJayy is on a distinguished road

Dude this sounds really awesome thanks for sharing!
I like everything about it...perhaps a bit less distortion besides that this track is good to go!

------------------
PhiJayy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
Moppy
Granular Poster
Moppy is on a distinguished road
Cairns

I would enjoy some more timbre contrast in the track. I would recommend getting rid of the distortion on the vocal and lead so they sound softer/more airy to contrast the heavy distortion on your other elements. Nice work

------------------
Moppy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
Mizuchi
Savage Mad Cunt
Mizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MCMizuchi is a savage MC
Beertown
MC Status: 2147483647

Thanks guys,

and yeah I understand. The reason I put distortion on the voice is because I wanted it to represent the robots inner voice, which I can't imagine sounding soft. Maybe I could try finding another way of emulating/creating a more synthetic style of voice all the while keeping it smooth.

------------------
Mizuchi is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #6
Moppy
Granular Poster
Moppy is on a distinguished road
Cairns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuchi View Post
Thanks guys,

and yeah I understand. The reason I put distortion on the voice is because I wanted it to represent the robots inner voice, which I can't imagine sounding soft. Maybe I could try finding another way of emulating/creating a more synthetic style of voice all the while keeping it smooth.
ah yeah I get it, maybe try some auto pan, vocoder and or bit crusher

------------------
Moppy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #7
farloopers
Learning The Ropes
farloopers is on a distinguished road
Alicante

Really nice track you got there. I really like the combination of bitcrusher sounds with none, maybe, just a matter of taste, the only thing I see is that the second part of the song isn't as powerful as the first one, it's the feeling I get, but it's just an opinion. Overall it's a good track, well done.
farloopers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 3710

Hey Mizuchi. I dig it, the vocals are nicely placed in there. I think the distortion is ok but cut some of the hight freqs out maybe...it gets a bit feedbacky in the background to me. Regarding a more robotic sound, I struggle with that as well. I think maybe a vocoder with some fast rotary may be an option, or another layer with some gated effect? Just some ideas. Given the awesome background story I wish there was more of it present in the song. Or maybe run with the story and make more songs on the theme? You know, first contact, attempt at escape, quiet resignation, fading away..you could get a whole project out of the idea. In a single track the whole story seems a bit lost. I have a similar project on the shelf myself, maybe I should dust it off again. Thanks for the inspiration.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:38 PM   #9
Mario D
Radial Developer
Mario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to behold
Croatia
MC Status: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuchi View Post
I have no idea what this is. Just having some fun, first time I incorporated my singing into a track. Tried to do something a bit different than my usual. Get out of my comfort zone so to speak. Again, it comes with a mini story:

It's one of a machine wondering a planet looking for a way to escape it. For centuries it has been waiting, wandering around waiting for something to get it off of this world uninhabited by any form of intelligence that could understand it and speak with it. It can feel itself slowly falling into the repetitiveness of it's own actions and thoughts, falling into the madness of it's purposelessness. But it isn't unhappy, it exists and that is enough for it's apreciation of existence. And it will wander for ever if that what destiny has in store for it.

Enjoy

It's all great. I think track only misses a better mix, especially those high frequences. It's so easy, just set every instrument to a bit different frequency and everything should fit.
Sounds very dirty above like 6k or so hz

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #10
Toothpinch
Analog Lurker
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Yeah, I'll chime in and agree to the fuzzy highs - and more vocoder / bitcrusher than distortion.
But very nicely put together.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #11
Beid
Microknight
Beid is on a distinguished road

Like the organ sounds and old vibe to it. I like also u mention u r having "fun" and using your own vocals and stuff. Technically really good and others identified sound issues. Thanks for posting

Advertisements

Beid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote