MPC touch vs Electribe sample (aka. I think I got the wrong one)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #1
Emmanuel G.
Analog Lurker
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110
MPC touch vs Electribe sample (aka. I think I got the wrong one)

Hi everyone, so I've got that pink (they say it's red, but it's actually pink) electribe, which is fun, all in all.

But, my bad on that, I didn't do my research, and I just kinda bought it because it's pink, and with the idea that since I was bad at sampling, I should then get a sampler and learn it.

now, the MPC touch is only a tad bit more expensive, and I'm starting to have second thoughts here.

the MPC seems much more hands on, and all in all a better sampler, AND sequencer.

Am I missing something about the electribe, I've only had it for a couple weeks, but the whole process of managing and cutting, adjusting samples is fairly tedious, while it seems so much more intuitive on the MPC.

So all in all, they pretty much cost the same (not exactly, but in the same price bracket), should I get an MPC touch, sell my electribe?

or is there something I'm missing and the electribe is actually a great instrument, but it is just me doing it wrong?

Advertisements

Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39277599
Thanked 1,101 Times in 716 Posts
Re: MPC touch vs Electribe sample (aka. I think I got the wrong one)

The MPC Touch is a controller for Akai's MPC software though isn't it? I don't think you can use it standalone.

Unless that's what you're actually looking for.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
Emmanuel G. (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #3
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 20710

The electribe synth is pretty decent in hind sight, but to me the idiosyncrasies of how it uses samples are too much for the likes of me.
And obviously it couldn't compete with an MPC, much less one that runs its software off your computer.
But you could play with the electribe on the couch for example, or on the train even. And export your ideas to the computer later. So very different all in all.

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jbvdb493
Emmanuel G. (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Emmanuel G.
Analog Lurker
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

Thanks for the replies, all I ever wanted was a piece of hardware allowing me to play with samples in an easy way, something that feels like an isntrument.

as much as I love hardware when it comes to analog synths and whatnot, every sampler is basically a piece of software, so I don't care where it runs, I don't take the train and when on the couch, I've got plenty to play with already.

What I'm after, is a good and easy way to make music, i don't want to dive deep down in menus, or use my key and mouse, I want to touch stuff, turn knobs and manipulate my sound in real time.

The electribe is fun, but the action of setting it up with samples, preparing the samples and have them pretty much set once they reach the pads. I would love more tools to modify the samples in real time, live sampling and whatnot. I think I need to sell my electribe, get some sort of mpc
Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #5
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC

Push 2 man, since you already are a live user

------------------
Old 11-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #6
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter

Oh, also having an mpc 1000, they are old tech, and are kinda static, as in there isnt much control to tweak sounds live. As opposed to all the knobs on the electribe. Cant speak to the touch, it does seem like a very cool idea, I am a fan of touch interface!

Advertisements

------------------