BB 41: her soul in the mainframe
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 14-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #1
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25460
BB 41: her soul in the mainframe

Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday. Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day (tuesday). Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (thursday). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (friday) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.
Dem samples:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

some good ones in there one of my beautiful fiance reading a goofy poem i wrote today, and one of a guitar riff i recorded through the line in of a shitty HP computer in 2005. lol

rulez:

1. make it dark

2. make it funky.. like, it really grooves. dynamics and swing are the two things that I think of when I think of groove

3. call your mom and tell her you love her before you start working on the track (just once is good). If you can't call your mom.. call somebody and tell them you love them. If you can't call anybody, then just message somebody on the forum and tell em you love em.

Should be due the 25th at midnight right?

Last edited by mnkvolcno; 14-10-2016 at 10:49 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
vashima (14-10-2016)
Old 14-10-2016, 11:57 PM   #2
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13510
Re: BB 41: her soul in the mainframe

Awesome man! Downloading the samples now

***Excellent samples, I'm excited to work on this.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834477

Great workable samples and nice directive. I love you!

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #4
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC

*watches the tumbleweeds pass by*

------------------
Old 22-10-2016, 10:14 PM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174210
Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,602 Posts

Shit..how the hell did I miss this? It seems like only a few days ago I voted on the last one..and now I see this one is practically over already! There's no way I can do something I'd be happy with in only a few days, so I'm going to sadly give this one a miss yet again.

Must really try harder to keep track of these from now on.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
mnkvolcno (22-10-2016)
Old 22-10-2016, 10:53 PM   #6
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

it's all good! thanks for stopping by

I wonder if anyones doing one. I haven't started yet.. as usual. I don't want to throw one together unless i know ppl are gonna do it to.

Maybe we could extend a week?

------------------
Old 25-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Shit..how the hell did I miss this? It seems like only a few days ago I voted on the last one..and now I see this one is practically over already! There's no way I can do something I'd be happy with in only a few days, so I'm going to sadly give this one a miss yet again.

Must really try harder to keep track of these from now on.

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
A.M (26-10-2016)
Old 25-10-2016, 11:56 PM   #8
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Really slipped on this one...no excuses, just busy irl and some personal heavy life shit (if you prayer or whatever the fuck you do, I need some please).

Peace.

I nearly dropped the baton on this one, but just finished this in the last hour, not my best but its in the mix.

BTW I highly recommend you check out acustica audios Sand...not quite in final release, but an amazing channel strip. Needs high GPU but damn it sound nice mixed with Izotopes latest offering.

Last edited by MFXxx; 26-10-2016 at 03:48 PM..

------------------
Old 26-10-2016, 12:35 AM   #9
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Really slipped on this one...no excuses, just busy irl and some personal heavy life shit (if you prayer or whatever the fuck you do, I need some please).

Peace.

I nearly dropped the baton on this one, but just finished this in the last hour, not my best but its in the mix.

BTW I highly recommend you check out acustica audios Sand...not quite in final release, but an amazing channel strip. Needs high GPU but damn it sound nice mixed with Izotopes latest offering.
fuck yea lol. my kind of submission right here. I love the breakdown and also the more creepy melodic bit at the end.. it makes a cool juxtaposition with the rest of the track.

and yes i checked out sand and it's really great.. unfortunately i'm like super broke rn. like the brokest i've ever been. Hopefully one day i can pick it up tho.

looks like you win, but you probably would've had my vote anyway.

TIL people don't love their moms.

I didn't get to one either, probably would've made time if there had been some chat around here.

------------------
Old 26-10-2016, 11:11 PM   #10
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20360

I am totally joining in on the next beat battle, haven't done one in a while...

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mute machine
A.M (27-10-2016)
Old 27-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #11
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174210
Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post

Peace.

Fuck, MFXxx..it's hard to believe you did all that from just that one sample! Kudos / respect for pure musical tenacity and production skills in general on that..really nice work, man.

It also seems like you're the winner..or did I miss any other submissions along the way?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
MFXxx (28-10-2016)
Old 28-10-2016, 12:30 AM   #12
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Thanks AM for the kind words, a couple of hours editing and playing with the samples and another couple of hours spent mixing, editing and finalizing the mix. A disappointing win tbh. Hopefully more people will pick up the challenge in BB42.

TALKING OF WHICH

Advertisements

------------------