Hardware Live Jam Listening Booth
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 09-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #1
purplefish
Master of the LFO
purplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MC
Ghent
MC Status: 11160
Hardware Live Jam Listening Booth

Wouldn't it be nice to have a place to exchange, discuss and listen to our live hardware jams, sessions, sets and improvisations?

Post only you're OWN jams please.
Any instruments, any style, audio or video.

I'll break the ice: here's one of my recent ones that I'm quite happy with:
Sorry if it's a not very "electronic music"-ish, I've been trying to learn guitar and drifting away from synths and drummachines in the last few months.

Last edited by purplefish; 09-13-2016 at 08:50 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
my drawings/music/videos/stuff: http://www.floodcomics.com/
purplefish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #2
old brain
Analog Lurker
old brain has much to be proud ofold brain has much to be proud ofold brain has much to be proud ofold brain has much to be proud ofold brain has much to be proud ofold brain has much to be proud ofold brain has much to be proud ofold brain has much to be proud ofold brain has much to be proud of
Ettalong Beach NSW Australia
MC Status: 1110
Re: Hardware Live Jam Listening Booth

It seems that you have "thrown down the gauntlet" and we will see who takes it up!
old brain is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #3
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269440858
Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,608 Posts

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #4
purplefish
Master of the LFO
purplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MC
Ghent

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
I was really diggin' the beginning, but the synth sound that sets in from 2:00 was a bit too "siren"-ey for my taste. Maybe would have been better with some sort of sequenced/automated modulation to it, more glitched out in some way. Maybe just a bit too loud vs the rest.

------------------
Old 09-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #5
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960

EDIT nevermind should have read the first post.

It's a great initiative, will try to contribute some droney noisey sounds when I can :3

Last edited by Chozo Tull; 09-13-2016 at 01:51 PM..

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #6
purplefish
Master of the LFO
Ghent

So I've done a few jams since the last one, but I don't wanna spam you guys with my shitty guitar skills. I'll try something with more synth+beats in the next few days and see how it goes, it's been a while.

------------------
Old 09-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #7
D_Davis
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 11124435
Thanked 1,135 Times in 828 Posts

Fender Rhodes, Bass Station II, BigSky, looper

------------------
D_Davis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:16 PM   #8
purplefish
Master of the LFO
Ghent

very nice!

------------------
Old 09-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #9
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41710

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis View Post
Fender Rhodes, Bass Station II, BigSky, looper

Wow. This is spectacular. Can you tell us a little about the routing? What settings on the Big Sky?
I'd love to have that on my iPod playlist.

I'm a sucker for this type of ambient style. In the back, are your playing the bass station?

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
D_Davis (09-15-2016)
Old 09-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #10
D_Davis
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
I'm a sucker for this type of ambient style.
You're in luck!

The above performance is the last track on this album (although with a title change)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

And lot's more albums like it.

The preset on the BigSky was Orchestra, I believe. The Rhodes was run through it. The Bass Station II (lead synth part) was run through the El Cap. Both of these were run into the Boss RC-500 loopstation. I think there was also a little bit of MS-2000.

------------------
Old 09-16-2016, 02:00 AM   #11
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8497780
Thanked 6,137 Times in 4,408 Posts

sweet. subbed.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:58 AM   #12
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41710

Shitty quality video and suck ass audio, but hey, you use the tools you have...

Just a little jam around the newest addition: the Analog four is sequencing a Moog Minitaur via its CV functionality. Very popular with the modular crowd and the Minitaur addresses any misgiving one might have around the "wimpy" low end of the A4. Drums are from the Rytm and the white box is the Avalon - that's the 303 bassline you hear. I'll eventually figure out how to properly record jams...

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
jbvdb493 (09-18-2016)
Old 09-18-2016, 04:50 AM   #13
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 20710

So what kind of camera is everyone using for these?
I might get a go pro for other stuff would it work to put video to audio inside live?
Nice work all btw!

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #14
D_Davis
Seattle

I use a Zoom Q4. Any of the Zoom cameras are great, affordable solutions for home studio use.

------------------
Old 09-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #15
purplefish
Master of the LFO
Ghent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Shitty quality video and suck ass audio, but hey, you use the tools you have...

Shame about the audio quality! You don't have to record video if it's difficult. It's a nice bonus for people to see what you're doing and how, but in the end it's about the music itself. All I could hear was the kick drum and a tiny bit of the acid.

I also use a Q4, very happy with it.

------------------
Old 09-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #16
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8497780
Thanked 6,137 Times in 4,408 Posts

: Liking the guitar jam. I listen to this kinda chill, lounge-y, jazzy stuff quite often. Would love to hear more from you : )

: I think I've heard this before from you, not sure. But it sounds like you. This mingling of heavy half time beats with industrial leanings for the synths is really working for you. A lot of good n' sinister vibes on this one.

: As always--lush and beautiful. I honestly still have a problem liking most beatless music, but your songs typically keep my interest all the way through. Maybe one thing for me is that even if you are sequencing some, the live looping and live playing keep things fresh somehow. I dunno. You do that haunting/beautiful melancholy/beautiful thing very well. And it is very much a combo of musicality and timbre.

: I agree I'd prefer just the audio over video, but low sound quality : ) That being said, from what I can here, this is a good driving acid track. Defo something I could loose my mind to on the dance floor! I'm really liking the A4 for acid sounds (not caring whether it sounds like a real 303).

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
purplefish (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 01:25 AM   #17
purplefish
Master of the LFO
Ghent

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis View Post
You're in luck!

The above performance is the last track on this album (although with a title change)

And lot's more albums like it.

The preset on the BigSky was Orchestra, I believe. The Rhodes was run through it. The Bass Station II (lead synth part) was run through the El Cap. Both of these were run into the Boss RC-500 loopstation. I think there was also a little bit of MS-2000.
Damn I totally missed this post! Amazing stuff - I came for the track you mentioned but stayed for the whole album. Love it. Sorry I can't offer more constructive criticism than that.

there's hours and hours of that shit on my Youtube channel if you're interested. Guitar stuff is mostly just from the last few months.

------------------
Thanks to purplefish
relic (09-23-2016)
Old 09-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #18
purplefish
Master of the LFO
Ghent

I know I said I'd do a more electronic one but I just can't seem to let go of the guitar at the moment. Here's another new jam, quite happy with the funkyness of it. Beware: sloppy guitar playing!

------------------
Thanks to purplefish
relic (10-02-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 05:14 PM   #19
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269440858
Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,608 Posts

Here's another Sunday afternoon live jam, this time with a bit more of a techno flavour to it.

Octatrack, Analog Rytm and Blofeld, Sound and mixwise I'm fine with it, but there's a few areas where the transition needed more attention.

Best thing about it is that part of this has been resampled and sliced and forms the base of a new track...

Last edited by Automageddon; 10-02-2016 at 05:58 PM..

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
relic (10-02-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 05:29 PM   #20
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 20710

Doesn't seem to work!

Advertisements

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote